Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. marcel cote

hi folks

In Sport Mode if i fly and i relase all the sticks does the phantom will over by it self?

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

What do you mean by will over?

If you mean roll over, no. It will coast and eventually come to a complete stop.

3. marcel cote

sorry my english is not so good

yes my question was: If i'm in sport mode and i'm flying and i relase all the stick, Does the PH4 will do a complete stop like in GPS MODE?

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

In Sport mode, your Phantom will coast longer before it comes to a complete stop. Test it out above all obstacles so you can get a feel for it.

5. marcel cote

ok so it'll do the same thing that in GPS mode except it'll take longer to stop correct?

6. sar104

Correct. Sport mode is a GPS mode.

7. David Davidov

Confirmed. Behaves like in GPS mode, but with higher speed limit and indeed it may travel 50 meters until stop.

8. Ramphex

X2. The stopping distance is relative to your speed, or whether you'll crank the stick and try to fly in the opposite direction to assist with stopping distance. ATTI mode is the only one that won't auto stop and will allow the Phantom to free float away

9. Jussaguy

Does the "pause" button work almost like an actual "brake". I haven't had enough time to really check these things yet.

So far all I know for sure is that the obstacle avoidance works great on solid objects but not on leaves so you can still EASILY crash into a tree should you want to. DJI rep says they are working on that for the next firmware update.

I am thinking the next firmware upgrade will make the P4 a much better machine. I hope so for DJI's sake.

Sorry for that off topic comment but didn't want to start a thread for it.

maseman88 likes this.