Phantom 4 scored...

OK I'm running the older 2.4.3 Android Go app & tried connecting the P4. No P4 but it detected it as an Inspire & let me enter camera view. Everything seemed to work but you see some Inspire-only options like dual controllers. Battery view is strange because you see two empty cells. Did not attempt to fly.

Any word on Current DJIGO app compatibility ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: bradbrok
It has to be iOS to work apparently. Android just crashes.

Phantom 4 in hand. Stopped by the Apple Store in Annapolis, MD. When they walked out with the box I couldn't resist.. . :cool:

dGf6ghTQ3ExtBOYb3MYFq5VYvafNKH2WjI3aujEq2q_8l4NqkDUczy6k76Nix4KVf_saaaK2ekR-16fTgRMD02LUb1s7mFEOUon6AQrvXq9Tc43_63u0ef2wNp5FaOJERXYUg8DgcYqxvEL1m5-9x-dfJeUvuyqmzeRRFvif0I1q1mTuL3eo93TnmwSLBEGNO223_G5im--Z5l2roOKN1l-YPZdMv4QVCZfvlAb0-EN--yzrdJaY5yOz3WaY1poF4V_rYLaByTC4oLrMa36SsePGK_sHY6UHrXsLgz54ru6zudsHx1V_E589GppgQbKqjr9D97gEw8gGDAW-7ngnfdgp_YXlN_fE3dx9nJj9u6sIU-YImf8BmBraXmyOyyx9aFJh2wTI7gMeiv-lDaUL5rSzWQPUyvCqqpYUF3QeWmMLIfMiCAFaasRDM1xp1O6SN_JShFUl_O8yMSqF8Y_ZW6hKT_iQUG41ZZLHkeCPC0XmH2MluuiBDnEPjDiHfFXZ8sKwBVTaL3Xr2BFe09BZZYb6PDK43pSvsX3JWDsB87y2sjvkS5l4NJZXUWWt49QfeyWetg=w359-h634-no
Awesome! Enjoy and report back pls. Cheers.

Definitely like the new gimbal clamp. Easy to install/remove & very secure. Also note she must have a more powerful cooling fan as you definitely hear it whirring when it cycles on. Sounds a lot beefier than the P3 fan.

Definitely like the new gimbal clamp. Easy to install/remove & very secure. Also note she must have a more powerful cooling fan as you definitely hear it whirring when it cycles on. Sounds a lot beefier than the P3 fan.

Thanks for all the info so far and congrats on snagging one so early!

If you don't mind answering another question, I'd like to know how you like the included case? It doesn't seem like there's much room for anything other than what was included with it. Is there a slot for an iPad or extra batteries?

Well done on getting your phantom 4 before dji ships them out on official launch date. Looks very cool, sleek, and shiney :) can't wait for first flight videos, especially in sport mode, safe flying :)

Anyone near Brea, CA. I just picked one up and the guy says they have two left. You have to order online for pickup. The manager told me their system won't let him sell them.

Anyone near Brea, CA. I just picked one up and the guy says they have two left. You have to order online for pickup. The manager told me their system won't let him sell them.

Did they have any P4 batteries for sale too? You did try to buy another battery, right?

Last edited:
Did they have any P4 batteries for sale too? You did try to buy another battery, right?
They didn't have any accessories. And if they did, I doubt they would of been able to sell them. Their system wouldn't let them sell the P4s in the store. You had to buy online and set it up for In store pickup. It was loophole that Apple has now fixed.

Congrats Dirty Bird. Looking forward to more video from your future flights. With P4's longer flight time, I wonder how far are you going to push it this time?

Thanks. Curious if Litchi will let you make use of the P4's increased speed. If yes & I can program 40-44 mph my Bay Bridge run just became a real possibility! :cool:

Congrats Dirty Bird. Looking forward to more video from your future flights. With P4's longer flight time, I wonder how far are you going to push it this time?

While not for rough handling, the included case isn't bad. Holds the remote, aircraft with battery installed, slots for two additional batteries, two sets of props, charger, cables, plus an iPad Mini or Nexus 7 fits perfectly. Haven't tested yet but I think the DJI tablet sunshield might fit as well.

Reactions: Techcop50
Perhaps you could use a substance like plastic dip on the out side of the case to make it more durable. A temporary solution to get you by while waiting for a better case, or some like substance.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That might be a possibility & add to durability. It is already sprayed with some sort of gray rubbery coating. Treated with care this should hold up for a good while. Should it crack or a piece break off it can be easily repaired with epoxy. The only potential weak point is the hinge depending on the durability of the material used. It is rather impressive for an included shipping container & certainly much nicer than the egg crate packaging of the previous models. Also nice that right out of the box you have a means to safely transport the P4 to flying sites.

Perhaps you could use a substance like plastic dip on the out side of the case to make it more durable. A temporary solution to get you by while waiting for a better case, or some like substance.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31