Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. p27m

Hello everyone I'm a newbie so please bare with me...

So I purchased a P4 and an extra battery last week, and I charged my batteries and controller to a full charge prior to my first flight. Last night during my 3rd flight my controller started beeping and a red light started flashing due to what appeared to be a low battery. Later, I connected the charger to the controller and drone battery over night (probably not the best idea). Anyhow this morning the battery had a complete charge, but the controller hadn't charged at all. After doing some research online, I learned it's not recommended charging both the drone battery and controller at the same time. So I tried charging the controller alone for about 3 hours, but still made no progress.

I contacted DJI online support to notify them of my problem. After explaining, the assistant said it may be a hardware malfunction which may be covered by the warranty. He wrote up a repair ticket and tomorrow I should receive shipping instructions from the DJI repair center.

Has anyone experienced any of this before? What should I expect and prepare for? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Dacon Productions

Have you plugged the RC charger cord ALL THE WAY IN?
    If not fully seated, the RC will not charge.

3. p27m

Yes, I unplugged it and plugged it back in but no luck.

4. Dacon Productions

On my 2nd P4 the RC was DEAD!.

5. p27m

Were you able to charge it or have to return it?

6. normr

Are your lights on the controller lighting up when you plug it in? As the previous poster said, make sure you plug it in fully, the first time I tried charging mine it didn't charge initially, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in and the plug finally seated fully into the receptacle and then it lit up to indicate it was charging

7. Michael Judd

Have you tried just powering up the controller to see how many white lights it has????
    You said "my controller started beeping and a red light started flashing due to what appeared to be a low battery"
    How many white lights are on??
    If the light on the controller is red it means it has lost connection with the p4?

8. John Anderson

I'm having a problem with my controller not charging fully before the charger kicks off. It only charges to about 71%.