Reaction score
I've been in the market for a new phantom for a while and am just about to settle on a phantom advanced but saw a couple vids mentioning a possible p4 release in April. I know there's no definite release date or window but was wondering your guys thoughts on the matter. If there's real possibility of a new phantom in the next one or two months then I think it'll be wise to wait otherwise I might just pickup a new copter.

Reactions: knick33
Well come on in, to the forum. ;-)
I believe the next @DJI Drone will be released sometime in June or perhaps in July. So you still will have a few more months to wait.

Quite often, their other drone prices will drop, significantly...

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: Hami
I've been in the market for a new phantom for a while and am just about to settle on a phantom advanced but saw a couple vids mentioning a possible p4 release in April. I know there's no definite release date or window but was wondering your guys thoughts on the matter. If there's real possibility of a new phantom in the next one or two months then I think it'll be wise to wait otherwise I might just pickup a new copter.
No-one has any idea . it could be tomorrow ... or next year.
But in the meantime, the P3 is an excellent machine, far ahead of anything released by competing companies.
At the current sale price the Advanced is almost a giveaway.
If it does what you want, buy one.

Reactions: Hami
Actually, many have a very good idea, of next phantom release date.
But if we told you, then death is immanent. Hahaha

Do you really want to know? ;-)

RedHotPoker

Thanks for the info and warm welcome, I think I might just pick up a p3a this week instead of waiting in the dark. :)

Hami, I've had the same dilemma. I had purchased the P3A via DJI.com and backed off at the last minute to wait it out to see what happens with Phantom 4/X. I've been burning a lot of time comparing the P3P to P3A to 3DR Solo....P4 would care of that debate!

Its a bit like computers used to be. You buy one and the next week there is a better cheaper one. The P3P is a good machine would the P4 be much better?

Given that the P4 is rumors only and I'm in no rush, waiting to see what's up next to make an informed purchase is never a bad thing and avoids buyer's remorse. I completely agree with your analogy with computers...now cellphones. My other issue with the P3A vs P3P vs Solo debate I had in my head. This will simplify the whole process. Yes, I know these are 1st world problems.

I call people who rush out and buy the newest technology "beta testers".

Reactions: DeeX
Welcome come on in, to the forum. ;-)
I believe the next @DJI Drone will be released sometime in June or perhaps in July. So you still will have a few more months to wait.

Quite often, their other drone prices will drop, significantly...

RedHotPoker

Prices on Standard and Advanced have dropped by 200$ in the last couple weeks. How much further would they really go. Seems like they are getting ready for a release imo.

Hi All, interesting comments, however I know first hand from friends that the drastic price drops has side effects which is that a lot
of the normal features on the normal high priced Phantom are not there and my friends thought they were getting a bargain
ended up being a great disappointment.
Cheers, JV

Hi All, interesting comments, however I know first hand from friends that the drastic price drops has side effects which is that a lot
of the normal features on the normal high priced Phantom are not there and my friends thought they were getting a bargainen ded up being a great disappointment.
Not really ... the Standard and P3 4K are cut down versions of the Advanced and Pro which are still available complete with all their features..
The new models specs were there for anyone that wanted to read them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl