Phantom 4 Refurbish Advice

Reaction score
Hey guys my name is Ricky aka Gunsession I love flying drones and have been flying the Syma x5c with my own custom mod controller and drone. Now that I'm trying to advance myself I'm considering the P4 but not to sure with the price. I really love the price of the Refurbished one but what's the committee take on this?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Syma x5c under repairs.
fd79e88b11baa3e3b03abd02cb51279e.jpg

I really love the price of the Refurbished one but what's the committee take on this?
It's a great way to save some money. I've seen a lot of posts here from people who purchased refurbished units from DJI and said they were in like new condition. Also, if you purchase a refurbished Phantom 4 from DJI, you'll have the same warranty that comes with a new Phantom 4.

Hi Ricky,
Make sure you confirm delivery dates as they have a back log of orders and may not be able supply the unit for quite some time.
When I looked at them despatch date was 25 business days from the date your payment was processed.

Many who send their drone in for repair get one of those back instead of the original.

I tried to order a refurb before Christmas. Seven days after the payment was verified it still hadn't shipped. Cancelled and ordered new from Costco.

Ordered my a week ago and still not posted that it shipped. It said 7 to 10 days after payment.
Are others receiving theirs in this time frame?
I am getting impatient.

I ordered a P4 from Dji Dec 26th and got it in 4 days, Then I ordered batteries Dec 31 and they still have not shipped.
The refurbished P4 has been flawless! I love it.

I'm in spain and currently have the P4 sometimes the refurb is only 50 euros cheaper. I last had a refurb standard p3 and it had problems so I sent it back...there's probably so many returns as with apple you have two months to try it out and return if you want...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I've been trying to convince myself to buy a Phantom 4 but the price kept me from doing so. I didn't realize that refurbs were available until reading this thread. It's currently $799 which is cheaper than I've seen used units in my area going for. You get full warranty plus the ability to buy Dji care too.

There is always a niggling thought that someone sent the aircraft in originally because it had a fault and you can't be absolutely certain it was fixed but the DJI warranty convinced me. I gave **** Smith/Kogan $1299 Au for a Refurb. P4 on the 28th Dec, it was sent on the 4th Jan, arrived in Aust. on the 6th and will be here tomorrow. New P4s are $1599 Au from shopfront stores and a little bit less from the online OS based stores. I tried to buy about 6 2nd hand on eBay but they all went for more than $1300 and some for over $1600 with a second battery so some other happy customer got them.

Waww i can feel the love in this thread!!! P4 family thank you!! I'm waiting for a cheque to clear and hoping the price doesn't change or I'll be waiting a while lol.

There is always a niggling thought that someone sent the aircraft in originally because it had a fault and you can't be absolutely certain it was fixed but the DJI warranty convinced me. I gave **** Smith/Kogan $1299 Au for a Refurb. P4 on the 28th Dec, it was sent on the 4th Jan, arrived in Aust. on the 6th and will be here tomorrow. New P4s are $1599 Au from shopfront stores and a little bit less from the online OS based stores. I tried to buy about 6 2nd hand on eBay but they all went for more than $1300 and some for over $1600 with a second battery so some other happy customer got them.

Holy crap bro! I can feel the pain! I tried to purchase one on eBay with the cost at 1100 with 3 batteries and the seller said it was new but upon trying to purchase I didn't have enough money and had to cancel so I'm hoping that was for the best and I wish you the best in flying your great investment! Be safe and remember to not be to excited hehe. Have fun!

I've been trying to convince myself to buy a Phantom 4 but the price kept me from doing so. I didn't realize that refurbs were available until reading this thread. It's currently $799 which is cheaper than I've seen used units in my area going for. You get full warranty plus the ability to buy Dji care too.

Hey Bro Same here, currently not working and I'm reliant on private jobs and for the Christmas I was blessed. I think I'm ready to purchase but I'm not sure how long this price is gonna remain at $799.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj