Phantom 4 Questions

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sorry if this has already been answered ( I did look for a while and couldn't find it).

I bought a Phantom 4 yesterday and so far I'm really happy with it.. I just have a few questions, does it use lightbridge technology like some of the P3 range? Or does it use the more basic wifi style?

The reason I ask is whenever I take the p4 to around 200-400mtrs (altitude) it will lose connection or become really patchy .. And it does the same thing when I go around 500mts or more away from me. This is always line of sight with absolutely no obstructions in the way.

Today was pretty cloudy and I'm not sure if that affects it.. I was really expecting 2kms line of sight at least considering they advertise 3.2 miles (5kms or what not) in perfect conditions etc...

Maybe I have a setting wrongly configured?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has already been answered ( I did look for a while and couldn't find it).

I bought a Phantom 4 yesterday and so far I'm really happy with it.. I just have a few questions, does it use lightbridge technology like some of the P3 range? Or does it use the more basic wifi style?

The reason I ask is whenever I take the p4 to around 200-400mtrs (altitude) it will lose connection or become really patchy .. And it does the same thing when I go around 500mts or more away from me. This is always line of sight with absolutely no obstructions in the way.

Today was pretty cloudy and I'm not sure if that affects it.. I was really expecting 2kms line of sight at least considering they advertise 3.2 miles (5kms or what not) in perfect conditions etc...

Maybe I have a setting wrongly configured?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you :)
change the video bitrate to 4mbps, I think it defaults to 10 which will greatly reduce your range. Also watch this video:

Reactions: Jeff barrett

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj