Phantom 4 Prop Wash

Are you referring to VRS? If so, you won't run into that issue. You still might see your Phantom wobble a bit when descending straight down quickly though. If that bothers you, fly horizontally as you descend and that won't happen.

Does the DJI Go App limit the descent speed so that Prop Wash is not an issue anymore?
The go app doesn't affect your descent speed.
That is built-in to the aircraft's firmware.
If you are concerned with VRS (the problem descending in your propwash), it hasn't been an issue since the first P3 was released.
Look at your motors and not they are offset a few degrees rather than sitting vertical.
That and the limited descent speed in firmware have eliminated concerns about VRS.

Reactions: RémyHeli
Even if propwash caused it to flip over, it would immediately right itself and continue its last command.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

I only wash my props when they get lots of bugs stuck on them. Windex window cleaner is a great prop wash. :) :)

But seriously, as far as VRS.. I have a hexacopter that's considerably larger than the P4. It has a noticeable wobble when descending rapidly. But, after four years of flying the hex, I've never crashed because of VRS.

I've flown the P4 for a year now. VRS in the P4 is hardly noticeable. It's not an issue.

Reactions: DocDiggler
Thanks - that's good to know. I crashed a P2 due to VRS before I knew what VRS was. Ever since I descend very very slowly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers