Phantom 4 Professional spare parts

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to find ANY suppliers supplying spare P4 Pro parts yet? There are some notable differences of some basic essentials I have discovered between the P4 and the Pro model (besides the camera and sensors, of course): propeller guards are different, the rotor motors are different, the LED covers (flight lights) are a different shape and size and are concave rather than convex. Am I the only one who thinks DJI support and spares availability at launch, for what is a very crashable and expensive product, is s**t?! I have scraped a motor having shattered a prop (which you CAN buy, of course), but after that scrape, I really wanted a couple of spare motors just in case. I have also lost an LED cover, leaving the underside airframe slightly open to dust and updraught debris without a replacement.

Any known sources would be appreciated of these items.

Thanks

I hunted a led lens cover for my Phantom 3 Standard, for weeks. Found one gent here on the forum willing to sell me one for $60 (shipped from UK). I opted for a used shell complete for $90 on Ebay. Back then people were starting to buy up damaged ones and part them out, bound to happen soon with the P4P. Just be patient and keep an eye on Ebay.:)

I hunted a led lens cover for my Phantom 3 Standard, for weeks. Found one gent here on the forum willing to sell me one for $60 (shipped from UK). I opted for a used shell complete for $90 on Ebay. Back then people were starting to buy up damaged ones and part them out, bound to happen soon with the P4P. Just be patient and keep an eye on Ebay.:)
What?! $60 for a $2 part... You kidding?!

What?! $60 for a $2 part... You kidding?!
It's true, and my bird was just days old, so I actually gave it some thought.
Now, a year and a half later, I still have a spare P3 shell with one lens gone.

It's true, and my bird was just days old, so I actually gave it some thought.
Now, a year and a half later, I still have a spare P3 shell with one lens gone.
Wow, sorry to hear people trying to rip you off in such a way! Crazy people

Out of curiosity, everyone seems to keep saying that the P4/P4P motors are the same in other threads... have you managed to confirm that they are not?

Hi Smiller... They are actually the same EXCEPT for the three pronged springed washer that sits beneath the plastic prop mount (which can be removed) and the spring on the shaft that is on the new motor (which can be exchanged). I am assuming that, once DJI get their act together on parts, these will be available as a complete kit, but you can also, of course, get aluminium mounts in place of those plastic mounts for added strength from 3rd party makers, or, change out the mounts entirely to take carbon fibre props too. But the motor itself is the same. I have a full set of 4 P4 motors as spares should I ever need them, and they are good value to buy (about $15 a piece).

Reactions: smiller
See what I mean?

Attachments

• DSC_0233.JPG
    DSC_0233.JPG
    933.3 KB · Views: 324
  • DSC_0235.JPG
    DSC_0235.JPG
    687.2 KB · Views: 318

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics