Phantom 4 Pro will only fly 100 ft after firmware update???

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the middle of a road trip to use my Phantom 4 Pro drone at a dry lakebed in a remote rural area. When I turned on the controller yesterday and connected it to the iPhone 6s I use to fly it, the controller started beeping constantly, flashing its lights, and initiated a firmware update automatically before I even turned on the drone itself.

This was really odd because I didn't approve the update manually, and I was in a remote area with only two bars of reception on my phone, and certainly no WiFi access. This update stopped in less that 5 minutes, and I turned the controller on and off again. It appeared to be working normally after that.

However, ever since the forced field update to my remote controller's firmware, I have not been able to fly the drone more that 100 ft in any direction. I get a "maximum flight altitude reached" error message at 98 ft, and it will not fly any higher. I also get a "maximum distance reached" error message as soon as I fly 100 ft from the home point in any direction.

This is all really odd because I do not have the drone set to "Beginner Mode" in the DJI flight app, and I checked that the maximum flight altitude limit is still set to several hundred meters, not 100 feet. I also have the "maximum flight distance" limit turned off in the DJI flight app menu, so I should not be getting error messages about reaching a maximum distance at all.

I assume the automatic firmware update to the remote controller yesterday introduced some sort of glitch that is causing this distance limit problem. Does anyone know how to fix this??? The DJI Go4 app does not indicate that I need more firmware updates.

I'm in the middle of a camping trip where I'm scheduled to use the drone every day, and I don't have access to WiFi at all, only a weak 4G signal on my iPhone.

If I understand the way the new updates work, and excuse me if I am incorrect. You must be connected to the internet and log in to have the distance and altitude restrictions lifted. There are a few threads around about that.

Reactions: Magicmanp4
Yep i would also take the sd card out and look at the txt file to see if the update was "success"
Also recalibrate everything and might also want to try relinking remote

If I understand the way the new updates work, and excuse me if I am incorrect. You must be connected to the internet and log in to have the distance and altitude restrictions lifted. There are a few threads around about that.

You only have to sign in once over internet after this you don't need internet if you want to fly as normal
I have the latest update and firmware on my p4 and i have no problems

Reactions: With The Birds
I have the same problem but only with the goggles not with my tablet

1488db285a869d2ab75b1a6fe1b26f2f.jpg

I discovered that the Go 4 app was not current. Deleted it and downloaded it again. Fired up the p4p and it did a firmware update. All was well after that. I had already updated the quad with the assistant, so not just sure what it needed to do, but whatever it was it worked.
Make sure you have the app that includes the Spark.

I discovered that the Go 4 app was not current. Deleted it and downloaded it again. Fired up the p4p and it did a firmware update. All was well after that. I had already updated the quad with the assistant, so not just sure what it needed to do, but whatever it was it worked.
Make sure you have the app that includes the Spark.
hi I'm curious what firmware ver you have now, i also have P4pro but not been alerted to update the firmware or the GO app... thank you....

In the past several days, many people have reported this issue. I have tried deleting the DJI Go app, reinstalling and starting over with no success. I have tried logging out and logging back in with no success... many are starting to believe DJI might be having some issues on there end.

My firmware was updated the day it came out and I have flown many times since then... it was only the past (2) days that I've had the issues. The app says my firmware is current and I can't figure out how to attempt to reinstall the firmware update.

Same issue but only with my iPads, not iPhone. Un-installed then re-installed app and issue was gone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z