Phantom 4 Pro User Manual

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
msinger, would you know if the new P4P I just ordered will fit in my Case Club hard case that I keep my P4 in? I'm assuming the only thing that is diff is the camera size. But didn't know if it hung down lower or what.

It should fit. All the cases I've seen have a lot of room around the camera, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Super! That's kind of what I was thinking on the fit. I really appreciate all your help and dedication to helping folks on this site man. Wonder how much the Crystal Sky monitor is gonna be?

I see they've finally dropped some of the poor wording about compass calibration.
Now the manual just says: Only calibrate the compass when the DJI Go 4 app or the status indicator prompt you to do so.
That gets rid of the silly calibrate-every-time stuff that the old manual encouraged.
But doesn't explain that if you try to launch from a manhole cover or reinforced concrete and get a compass error, the correct action is to move away from the magnetic influence rather than recalibrate.

Reactions: msinger
I see they've finally dropped some of the poor wording about compass calibration.
Now the manual just says: Only calibrate the compass when the DJI Go 4 app or the status indicator prompt you to do so.
That gets rid of the silly calibrate-every-time stuff that the old manual encouraged.
But doesn't explain that if you try to launch from a manhole cover or reinforced concrete and get a compass error, the correct action is to move away from the magnetic influence rather than recalibrate.

You know I always thought this was a silly precaution but followed it every time I flew. This was until I flew at the beach which is only 9 miles away from my house. I only had a few minutes and through caution to the wind. Had full sats and launched got across the canal when I get a compass error ATTI mode only. Just to give you an idea how scary this was it was also on a windy day. I immediately turned the drone around and full throttled back to land. Did a calibration and never had another problem. Since then I've never not calibrated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've never seen a service manual.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31