Phantom 4 Pro - The Video footage is shaking - Problem

Hi there - some guy pointed me to this in DJI Forum, after I reported the same problem on my P4P. I've already found this thread before, but decided to join here :)

My P4P had the Gimbal Lock (the hard plastik bracket) also mounted a bit to far to the center and maybe have stressed the gimbal. I also have heavy jello thru gimbal buzzing - in my case the gimbal buzzes in neutral position and stops buzzing when phantom is tilted forward - or - when camera is pointing vertically down. So I already guessed that there is some sort of leverage causing the gimbal to touch something.

BUT - I've already investigated and the internal gimbal parts do not touch anything as far as I could see - but yes - the little rubber balls don't look very promising or in good condition.

Question: Is there something I could do to test if the rubber balls are the fault? i.e. putting some sort of foam inside them (or something like that) just to see if the buzzing stops?

Actually, my gimbal is buzzing because it's motor is working, it does permanently try to level the horizon so there is visible little roll back/forth - my question is, how could this be related to bad rubber balls? the gimbal shouldn't work when being static (standing on ground, no motors)? ..except the gimbal is trying to stabilize the shake induced by itself ..

Look here how it starts buzzing and stops when being gently pushed by finger:

I have the same issue but it happens when I tilt the camera about 45 degrees down. It starts vibrating and causes the video to shake. It's pretty annoying. I am thinking of returning the p4p and getting a p4. Let me know what you guys think?

Yea look here, the vibrating is only there, when gimbal is in a certain position (following is during flight)

not sure yet - for me it seems either the gimbal motor has some fault or software is delivering wrong signals to the gimbal or the cam is just to heavy inducing too much stress on some gimbal motors.

Try pushing your vibrating gimbal with your finger if it stops vibrating then (see vid in #40)

PS: I can easily get it to vibrate by tilting the gimbal to 45°

not sure yet - for me it seems either the gimbal motor has some fault or software is delivering wrong signals to the gimbal or the cam is just to heavy inducing too much stress on some gimbal motors.

Try pushing your vibrating gimbal with your finger if it stops vibrating then (see vid in #40)

PS: I can easily get it to vibrate by tilting the gimbal to 45°
Those are the symptoms of the screaming gimbal that predominated early P4 sales, too!

was there any fix for it .. ? I can tell it is the topmost gimbal motor producing it, with buzzing it gets very hot also

seems like it wants to stabilize its OWN vibration - you can calm it down by just touching it or tilting the aircraft forward - anyway, even the slightest "shock" will make it buzz again.

example: tilting aircraft forward, it stops buzzing. now settling the aircraft very very slowly back to normal, gimbal stays silent. if you just blow gently on the gimbal it will buzz again

I've just "glued" a coin on the back of the camera - the buzzing and jello is gone? I already tried a 1(euro)cent coin on the side to balance the gimbal, now another coin on the back of the cam - gimbal is now in full balance when turned off.

Will do more tests, but I was not able to produce any jello with this. Very strange .. that extra weight may just act as a damper, no jello so far - can't believe it

Last edited:
Hi. I connected my P4P to DJI Assistant and refreshed the latest firmware. Turned on the quad and the gimbal hasn't vibrated when tilting the camera up and down, that was my original issue. Let see how it holds up. Has any one tried refreshing their firmware?

did refresh several times, downgrade, upgrade, factory reset, upgrade again - problem persisted. This was the only thing, that actually worked:

DSC_0298.jpg

may look funny, but that big coin on the back off the camera has finally eliminated buzzing and jello - if I remove it, buzzing/jello comes back

did refresh several times, downgrade, upgrade, factory reset, upgrade again - problem persisted. This was the only thing, that actually worked:

DSC_0298.jpg

may look funny, but that big coin on the back off the camera has finally eliminated buzzing and jello - if I remove it, buzzing/jello comes back
You should send it back to DJI for repair. I've never needed that on my P4P to not have buzzing and jello.

May be an idea is that DJI sends everyone some coins as a solutions to the defect gimbal design.
So you want them to send coins out to fix an issue that they could fix by just replacing your gimbal with a good one? Why would you even want that... That'd be like best buy sending you duct tape because your TV screen had a crack in it out of the box...

It's more like a temporary solution - that one needs to be sent in, no question, the gimbal motor is faulty for some reason.

But with those tests someone may be able to track down an issue and may use the drone for some urgent work before sending it in and wait several weeks for getting another drone - also, it does more clearly show what the problem is and it don't needs to disassemble the drone - so someone can easily check if it's a problem with the rubbers or with the gimbal motors itself.

My gimbal worked fine for more or less 4 videos made with the first flight on the battery. I then did the firmware upgrade and all the problems started - not sure if it was related to the firmware or the upgrade just trashed the gimbal internally - who knows.

It's more like a temporary solution - that one needs to be sent in, no question, the gimbal motor is faulty for some reason.

But with those tests someone may be able to track down an issue and may use the drone for some urgent work before sending it in and wait several weeks for getting another drone - also, it does more clearly show what the problem is and it don't needs to disassemble the drone - so someone can easily check if it's a problem with the rubbers or with the gimbal motors itself.

My gimbal worked fine for more or less 4 videos made with the first flight on the battery. I then did the firmware upgrade and all the problems started - not sure if it was related to the firmware or the upgrade just trashed the gimbal internally - who knows.
Pardon if I missed it but by any chance did you try a firmware refresh using DJI Assistant 2? This sometimes fixes issues like this that crop up after a firmware update. I've personally had a firmware refresh fix 2 such issues.

Pardon if I missed it but by any chance did you try a firmware refresh using DJI Assistant 2? This sometimes fixes issues like this that crop up after a firmware update. I've personally had a firmware refresh fix 2 such issues.

yes, did refresh several times, downgrade, upgrade, factory reset, upgrade again - problem persisted in any constellation (there was never an issue with updating)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl