Phantom 4 pro refresh

Reaction score
I had purchased a 4 pro from some guy he told me he had the dji refresh but it's not transferable he said so I had purchased the refresh myself so I must've hit a bird yesterday at about 1300ft will I be coverd

Wait that doesn't make sense. Once Dji care refresh is purchased on a craft, it stays with the serial number. You can't buy refresh again because it's passed 48 hours and it already had refresh (nor do you need to). I've bought a used drone before with Dji care and had no problem using it for a repair.

Yeah he tells me he had it on it but then he wouldn't give me the info because he said it's non transferable..so I went and purchased dji refresh so what your saying is that being that's it's passed 48hrs dji won't let you put insurance on the drone?

I think if you buy a drone and purchase DJI care after its activated you have to take a video of it to verify it's in once piece. Not positive on that.

I think if you buy a drone and purchase DJI care after its activated you have to take a video of it to verify it's in once piece. Not positive on that.
That's what I thought I didn't know that and I crashed it so I think I'm fd

I am not sure what a repair might run. But I also think if the original owner had DJI care, and its less than a year old it should be covered. This is from the DJI website in regards to transfer

Yes. The aircraft owner can be changed but the S/N of the aircraft bound to the service agreement cannot. DJI will not take responsibility for any disputes due to the transfer.

I am not sure what a repair might run. But I also think if the original owner had DJI care, and its less than a year old it should be covered. This is from the DJI website in regards to transfer

Yes. The aircraft owner can be changed but the S/N of the aircraft bound to the service agreement cannot. DJI will not take responsibility for any disputes due to the transfer.
Thanks man

Yeah he tells me he had it on it but then he wouldn't give me the info because he said it's non transferable..so I went and purchased dji refresh so what your saying is that being that's it's passed 48hrs dji won't let you put insurance on the drone?
Yea after 48 hours you can't. I know they sometimes make exception but you have to submit a video of the drone. How did you buy it when you have to do the serial and video to even pay for it?

From what I understand there is no transfer. It just stays with the serial number. So if that drone really had DJI Care then it would still have it. Again, unless it is over a year old, OR, it has already been used. In other words, DJI Care does have a limit. Once that limit is reached the protection expires.

Lastly, if DJI sold you a care package for that serial number, you should be covered.

Reactions: Richwashere

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan