Phantom 4 Pro Purchasing Questions

Reaction score
1. Instead of using a tablet or phone for the view can I use some FPV Goggles?
2. What is the best tablet to use with this around the 8 to 10 inch size?
3. How long does it take to charge a battery?
4. The Mavic states it can take a 8 second photo, is this the same or not?
5. Other then the quad will want another battery and backpack. On Amazon they have some packages. Within these packages there is an extra battery that is called "DJI Phantom 4 Intelligent Flight Battery" While the one that comes with the quad is called "Intelligent Flight Battery (High Capacity)". Is there a big difference in these and there flight times? https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-...qid=1484138270&sr=8-18&keywords=phantom+4+pro

Instead of using a tablet or phone for the view can I use some FPV Goggles?
Yes. You can find a list of commonly used FPV goggles here. The P4P+ has an HDMI output on the remote controller. If you buy the P4P, you'll need to install the HDMI output module on the remote controller.

What is the best tablet to use with this around the 8 to 10 inch size?
There is no best tablet. You can find a list of recommended and commonly used tablets here.

How long does it take to charge a battery?
It'll take about 1 hour to charge a battery that has been nearly depleted.

The Mavic states it can take a 8 second photo, is this the same or not?
Yes.

there is an extra battery that is called "DJI Phantom 4 Intelligent Flight Battery" While the one that comes with the quad is called "Intelligent Flight Battery (High Capacity)". Is there a big difference in these and there flight times?
The high capacity P4 battery (5870mAh) will last about 2 minutes longer than the standard P4 battery (5350mAh).

Last edited:
Thank you msinger. So for the batterys is really worth it to pay 60 dollars more for 2 minnutes? I think the non high capacity one cost 109 while the high one cost 169.

1. Instead of using a tablet or phone for the view can I use some FPV Goggles?
2. What is the best tablet to use with this around the 8 to 10 inch size?
3. How long does it take to charge a battery?
4. The Mavic states it can take a 8 second photo, is this the same or not?
5. Other then the quad will want another battery and backpack. On Amazon they have some packages. Within these packages there is an extra battery that is called "DJI Phantom 4 Intelligent Flight Battery" While the one that comes with the quad is called "Intelligent Flight Battery (High Capacity)". Is there a big difference in these and there flight times? https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-...qid=1484138270&sr=8-18&keywords=phantom+4+pro
I use the Nexus 7 tablet with my P4. Takes at least one hour to charge your battery to 100%. Buy from Carolina Dronz in S.C. for better deals and never buy from B&H Photo. P4 units have dropped in pricing! I would not suggest using goggles to "just fly with" due to the many problems DJI has with their HDMI module board. I have head play goggles and the video is in and out with the HDMI board from DJI. They also do not support any goggles except their own which they cant get to work. I have flown the Mavic but dont own one yet as I am waiting for mine to ship. Good Luck.

Would DJI let us purchase the refresh plan when going through amazon or another vendor? Or is this something were the product has to be bought through them?

I use the Nexus 7 tablet with my P4. Takes at least one hour to charge your battery to 100%. Buy from Carolina Dronz in S.C. for better deals and never buy from B&H Photo. P4 units have dropped in pricing! I would not suggest using goggles to "just fly with" due to the many problems DJI has with their HDMI module board. I have head play goggles and the video is in and out with the HDMI board from DJI. They also do not support any goggles except their own which they cant get to work. I have flown the Mavic but dont own one yet as I am waiting for mine to ship. Good Luck.

I just looked on Carolina's page and it looks like there is just the default package and no combos for this quad. Unless they can beat Amazons price or options I am going to stay with them.

and never buy from B&H Photo
why would you not mbuy from B H Photo?

Followed this thread with interest.. do you need to purchase the hdmi module if purchasing the P4P (without the dji screen) for use with an iPad ?

and never buy from B&H Photo
why would you not mbuy from B H Photo?
Anything DJI from BH and they use a 3rd party for returns, exchanges, DOA. And its slow as heck. I bought an osmo+ from them on december 26th, it arrived DOA. I am STILL waiting for them to process my return/exchange. First, I had to wait for BH to issue an RMA number. Then I had to contact the 3rd party myself with the RMA (BH doesn't do that for you which is dumb, they just push you to the 3rd party then wipe their hands of you). It took 3 days for the 3rd party to even get back to me that they were accepting my RMA. It took another day to get a UPS label from them. They now have had my bad OSMO for 3 business days, and STILL haven't processed my return/exchange. They sent me an email 3 business days ago that they received it though, isn't that nice? :mad:

There are better companies you can buy from that in the case of a DOA item or warranty issue out of the box, they'll send you a new one even before they get the bad one back. And you deal with them directly, not some 3rd party company that adds delays to the entire process.

Wish I had seen this comment about 2 weeks ago. Being forewarned about B&H will help if I do have an issue. Holding my breath.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj