Phantom 4 pro plus

Reaction score
Hello. Can anyone tell me if I can use the Samsung VR glasses with the phantom 4 pro plus that has the built in screen and how this would be connected up? I am getting ready to buy either the phantom 4 pro or phantom 4 pro plus and depends if I can use vr on pro plus. Thanks

VR glasses require the mobile device to be inserted into the glasses. So, no, they won't work since the display is permanently attached to the remote controller.

You can find a list of commonly used FPV goggles/glasses that will work here.

So do you think I'm better off getting the phantom 4 pro without built in display or is the display that much better than using my own tablet or phone using Samsung vr glasses? Also do you know if the Samsung note 10.1" tablet will fit controller and is compatible? It's the 2012 model

do you think I'm better off getting the phantom 4 pro without built in display or is the display that much better than using my own tablet or phone using Samsung vr glasses?
Flying with a display and VR goggles are completely different experiences. I'm not sure which you'd prefer. For me, I would never use VR glasses since they restrict all interaction with the FPV app as you're flying.

do you know if the Samsung note 10.1" tablet will fit controller and is compatible? It's the 2012 model
It will not fit in the remote controller holder without some type of extender. It's not a device supported by DJI, but it wouldn't hurt to try it if you already own it. If you're looking to buy a new device, it would be best to purchase a recommended device from this list.

Thanks for info. I thought the Nvidia was supposed to be the best tablet to use but after reading in the forum there seems to be alot of issues with it. What do you think is the best choice for an Android tablet to buy that will work best or do you think I am better off getting the phantom 4 pro plus with built in screen? Figured if I wanted to do VR I could always buy a pair that takes the HDMI in. I'm just worried that the built in screen is to small then I will be stuck with it but have never flown one so is the 5.5" built in screen to small? Thanks again

The built-in display is a great size for me. I think an iPhone 7 is a good size though too. Anyone who really likes the size of an iPad will most likely not like the size of the built-in display.

So do you think getting the built in display is worth it? I heard that you had to download maps on it in advanced since it does not have phone data service. It's my first drone and trying to decide between the pro 4 and pro 4 plus

So do you think getting the built in display is worth it?
I really like the display. It's made well, it's super bright, and it starts up quickly (in about 10 seconds). The only major downsides that I ran into are it's not possible to install 3rd party DJI GO alternatives and new versions of DJI GO 4 can only be installed along with the remote controller firmware. That means you won't be able to run the latest version of DJI GO 4 if DJI doesn't release a new firmware package for the remote controller. Neither are showstoppers for me.

Here's a really good overview of the P4P+ remote controller:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I heard that you had to download maps on it in advanced since it does not have phone data service.
That's true. I rarely use the maps, so I usually don't spend time caching them before flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers