Phantom 4 pro plus stops recording

Reaction score
When I'm filming/recording on my P4P in 4k 60m, my phantom records and then stops at random times (video only records for 15 sec, 20 sec, 31 sec, etc. then stops). Today i put a SanDisk Extreme Plus 64 gig UHS-I Card in my phantom. I formatted it with my Mac Book Pro and chose the ExFat format. Then i tried it and when I put it in my phantom it says SD card error. I have to take it out and put it back in several times before it starts working. Is this a problem with the SD card, or did I select the wrong formatting option? Can someone help me out with this?

Attachments

• e22263eb64151394eafad9ba3d3c77e0.jpg
    e22263eb64151394eafad9ba3d3c77e0.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 514
Try formatting it in the Phantom. Got to the camera settings, click on the gear on the right, scroll to the bottom, choose 'format sd card' or similar.

That card should be able to handle it.

i tried that but unfortunately it didn't work

i tried that but unfortunately it didn't work

What about the card that came with the Phantom?

Edit: If I read correctly, this is happening with multiple cards? Others may chime in with suggestions, but it seems to me that it may be an issue with the aircraft if different cards all exhibit the same behavior.

Reactions: Shan
the card it came with works just fine.

I'm using the San Disk Ultra 64's and they are working great! Someone posted a list of the best cards for the P4P. Maybe search for that post.

Reactions: Shan
Update: I got a San Disk Extreme 64GB.Now it works perfectly on my P4P+.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Did you exchange it? I thought that's what you had before...
No I didn't exchange It because best buy didn't return it, So I put it in my Osmo + and it worked fine.mine is San Disk Extreme Plus.I ordered San Disk Extreme(without plus) from amazon.

Ah, I understand. I missed the 'plus' on the first one. I still feel it's less than fully functional and I would demand a return, but I'm glad you have a use for it.

If I understand correctly, that whole 'plus' thing is a gimmick so that big box stores like BB and Staples that price match Amazon and the like don't have to match the low price of the non-plus version. The packaging claims it's slightly faster to throw consumers off the trail, but not long ago Amazon didn't even carry the plus version directly (except through third parties who aren't price matched), and 'plus' cards also were not listed anywhere on the Sandisk site. It was just a naming and SKU scam.

Now I see the 'plus' cards are carried at Amazon for a lot more than 'non-plus' and are also on the Sandisk site, but I think that's just because it became obvious why the different version exists. Why wouldn't BB carry the non-plus versions that happen to be way cheaper on Amazon? Why wouldn't Amazon carry the 'plus' until somewhat recently? Again, it's a price matching workaround.

Not that you asked about any of this, but it always annoyed me.

Anyway, given all that I would expect a 'plus' variety should work just as well as the regular 'extreme', albeit for too much money. So I think that card still has issues and it's a shame you couldn't use it in your P4P.

I think where u messed up tho is formatting first in the mac. U should always format in drone using the extreme plus in mine works great mine is the 32gb

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.