Phantom 4 pro not flyable yet due to DJI go app approval

Reaction score
what's up guys, purchased my PH4P earlier this evening and was informed by the store owner that the drone can't fly yet due to dji go apps latest update for php4 hasn't been approved by Apple.

Anyone else have their php4 and received the same news? Sorry if there's been a discussion about this. I missed it.

Attachments

• IMG_4716.JPG
    IMG_4716.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 598
The P4P uses DJI GO 4. It's not available in the Apple and/or Android store yet. You will not be able to fly until the app is available.

My guess is that "DJI GO 4" is the integrated app for the built in screen and that the regular app with an update will support P4P.
It would be odd if DJI decides to create a separate app for the P4P on mobile devices when ALL other products work under one GO app.
Sounds reasonable? I might be dead wrong though... [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: cr6 and Neon Euc
DJI GO 4 is a new app for the P4P, P4P+, and Mavic.

No. Current Mavic owners will probably have to change apps after the next Mavic firmware update. It really depends on when DJI makes changes that are not supported by DJI GO.

what's up guys, purchased my PH4P earlier this evening and was informed by the store owner that the drone can't fly yet due to dji go apps latest update for php4 hasn't been approved by Apple.

Anyone else have their php4 and received the same news? Sorry if there's been a discussion about this. I missed it.

nothing worse than having the hardware with no software to run it :( the same thing happened with the original P4 in march....

Reactions: Falcon900
That's a bummer!
Can anyone comment on Android devices? I purchased the "plus" model so I can't confirm.
That being said, I don't know if you can sideload apps on your iPhone or iPad like you can with Android devices, but if you can simply sideload the .apk and run it that way. That's what I had to do on my original Nexus 7 tablet (which wasn't supported) and it's worked great for me ever since.

nothing worse than having the hardware with no software to run it :( the same thing happened with the original P4 in march....
That was only the case for those who bought P4 from Apple before the official launch date of March 15th. The apple stores weren't suppose to sell early, but some did. The app came out on March 15 as planned. When I got my P4 March 19th from DJI the app was available. I expect the GO4 app to be out next week, as it looks like it was complete ready to go yesterday, if we believe this release note.
upload_2016-11-26_17-42-37.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic