Phantom 4 pro noise

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am about to purchase the p4p, just have question on noise first.

Can someone tell me roughly what distance the drone can be heard?

How far does it need to be before you can't hear it at all?

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks for reply. I can imagine it depends on many things, I just need to have a rough idea.
Let say an average person, healthy, neither a 90 years old block nor a super hero with overpowered hearing capabilities.
Background: let say in nature, open area, no road around or nothing to make special noise.

How about 100m? can you still hear it correctly or barely?

Thanks for reply. I can imagine it depends on many things, I just need to have a rough idea.
Let say an average person, healthy, neither a 90 years old block nor a super hero with overpowered hearing capabilities.
Background: let say in nature, open area, no road around or nothing to make special noise.

I hate to add some of the other parameters to the equation but it'll also depend on the surroundings (hard, noise-reflective brick or soft, noise absorbing foliage), the way the wind is blowing and the altitude the drone is at (your ears usually lie horizontal at rest but also point sideways).

So many variables - but I would say that I can just hear my drone, (which is a P3P, not that's that's so significant) in quiet countryside, going downwards slightly in a valley, at 100m.

But I do truly think that you're trying to measure a piece of string here....

Last edited:
At around 2-300 feet high I can hear my p4p at around 400 feet away. Much past that and the sound fades. Approximate, but around those numbers.

By the time you can't hear it an average sized person at that distance would be very hard to see in an image with any clarity.

You will hear it easily at 100m from a nudist colony.

ahah, no chance to quietly watch nudists then. My hopes are collapsing :D
Thanks all for your replies :)

To give you an idea, on a still morning standing on the beach with the AC over the water I can often hear it 200m or more away- sounds like a swarm of angry bees.

ahah, no chance to quietly watch nudists then. My hopes are collapsing :D

If that was, indeed, your plan, then I'd point out that you'd also have to be extra careful that your drone didn't get tangled up in any bushes.

But, thankfully, these are now a lot less common than they used to be a few years ago...... :)

Reactions: SteelFlyer

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4