Phantom 4 Pro + Maps

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble with the maps? On the 4+ controller I see my location and the aircraft's location, but no map. It's blank. The controller has Internet access, which I confirm by launching the browser application. But no maps. See attached image.

It's brand new out of the box and has never worked.

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,509
I've got absolutely same on my dji go 4 app on smartphone (galaxy). Didnt pay attention since Im not using maps atm

Need to have a wifi or cel connection unless you previously stored the maps in the area you intend to fly.

Is anyone else having trouble with the maps? On the 4+ controller I see my location and the aircraft's location, but no map. It's blank. The controller has Internet access, which I confirm by launching the browser application. But no maps. See attached image.

I am having the exact same issue. DJI support was no help.
If you hear anything I would love to know

DJI had me send the aircraft and controller info repair. They claim to have repaired and tested it, send it back, and the problem still exists.

There must be some bug that is impacting some people in certain circumstances. If anyone else is having this problem and you have opened a case with DJI, but have had no success in reaching resolution, please advise you know of another customer with the same problem. My original request # was 395722. I have submitted a follow up which is not request #493959. The "repair" was conducted under case #CAS-431710-F8B3F7.

If you have opened a request with them and you supply me with your information, I'll advise them of the same from my case. Hopefully if enough of us can get them to tie all our cases together they will recognize a pattern and that they have a real bug/flaw they need to address.

Yes and this is the MOST annoying issue I have with it . It's not a phone connected to the internet so if you take it on a trip all you will see is a white screen showing your position (RC) relative to the Phantoms position. You also cannot use hybrid or satellite imaging on the map. The only way to get that info is to create a HOTSPOT from your cellphone. But if there's no wifi around/internet you get no map? If I'm wrong here someone let me know. Seems with my phone or iPad and Phantoms 3 & 4 I never had this issue no matter where I flew I always could select all 3 map display modes, MAP, HYBRID, SATELLITE.

I'm seriously thinking about ordering an additional controller that uses your IOS device. I'm guessing if I pair it with the Phantom 4 PRO then it will unpair the PRO + controller anyone tried this?

Before you go fly, when you have Internet access, scroll around on the map in the area you will be flying to cache the data for offline use....

I have the P4 Pro Plus and had the same problem until I downloaded maps while connected to wifi. Don't download maps while using a tethered connection-it will take forever. Do it in a location your controller will connect directly to a wifi connection.

had this same problem. went back to sales where i bought the p4p+ . turned out that the problem is in the plus screen with the android os.
switched controllers and all is fine.... maps are loaded now. occasional crashes dji go 4 app still remains...

I'm getting the same "Network Unavailable" error on my P4P+ in the "Offline Map Download" section. Oddly enough, I run the DJI app on my droid and it works fine... Even more odd, it's allowing Mainland China data, suddenly a bunch of Chinese cities pop up and become available to download. It's like I only can't download US map data... Weird...

Reactions: alsobrook4336

I have the same problem Do you have a solution?

I'm getting the same "Network Unavailable" error on my P4P+ in the "Offline Map Download" section. Oddly enough, I run the DJI app on my droid and it works fine... Even more odd, it's allowing Mainland China data, suddenly a bunch of Chinese cities pop up and become available to download. It's like I only can't download US map data... Weird...

How do you get to this within the controller?

How do you get to this within the controller?

When you're in the DJI screen, not drone device screen, the fourth icon is a folding map with nav waypoint symbol. Click that icon to get into "Offline Map Download" / Map Management section.

If you're looking to enable China Mainland for testing... Go into the device (whether it's on or not). Click the three dots on the top right (settings). Click the bottom setting icon; which is another three dots. Under the Map section you'll see "Enable Amap (for China)" and "Calibrate Map Coord (For China)." When I turn those on, suddenly tons of downloadable maps show up in the front DJI offline map screen.

Please let me know if you see similar issues, and/or if you figure out how to fix it.

Thanks!

They asked me to return mine... I said no.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I just received a mass email from DJI that looks promising:

DJI will soon introduce a new application activation process for international customers. This new step, to take effect at the end of this week, ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile....

*color me hopeful*

Reactions: Solar guy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20