Phantom 4 pro IMU calibration

Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone managed to perform an IMU on the P4P successfully without the fail warning at the end ?

Not sure.. I have a mavic that has 5 axis calibration. I do these successfully without the error -22. Error -22 maybe MC too hot warning. Try keeping it cool as possible and don't let the P4Pro idle or warm up by doing the calibration immediately. And follow the 6 axis calibration to the letter.

IMG_0069.PNG
Not sure.. I have a mavic that has 5 axis calibration. I do these successfully without the error -22. Error -22 maybe MC too hot warning. Try keeping it cool as possible and don't let the P4Pro idle or warm up by doing the calibration immediately. And follow the 6 axis calibration to the letter.
Hi, thank for feed back, last night I done another few or more calibrations and also left the p4p outside for 30 mins and it was minus 4 then tried again, it goes perfectly well until last 6th axis (sitting p4p on its motors upside down) and then it comes up error 22 I have even tried doing the last axis facing the wrong way but still fail, sometimes it fails on both IMU's and sometimes just one, photo after calibration with one IMU calibrated

Please post a solution if you find one! I finally got my P4P and now I can't even fly it...

When calibrating the IMU and turning the Phantom to its sides, can you hear it start vibrating more than otherwise?

In my case it's the gimbal that starts vibrating badly when leaned to one of the sides...

Just calibrated the IMU on my new P4P+ and it thankfully went without a hitch. Saw that the firmware update from 12/9 may solve IMU calibration issues (mine arrived with latest firmware 12/27/2016), @Snowwolf hope you got it sorted!

Follow up: Does anyone know if you need to have the bird on a "perfectly level surface" like all the P4 videos recommend? It's not clear from the controller guide throughout the setup and process, and I haven't come across a P4P-specific IMU calibration video/instructions yet...

~My first PhantomPilots post btw ;) Cheers all!

Yes, you should actually check the surface with a level. I use one like this:
image_12789.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj