Phantom 4 Pro h.265 + Sony Vegas Pro 14?

Reaction score
How are h.265 files in Sony's Vegas Pro 14? Does Sony have a lens profile for the p4p in case I need it?

I don't think Vegas Pro14 supports h.265 import. It will export it only!!

Quote:

Import

4K XAVC S, 4K XAVC, XDCAM EX, XDCAM Optical, DV, HDV, AVCHD, NXCAM, MOV, MP4, WMV, MPEG-1/2/4, H.264/AVC, WAV, FLAC, AAC, MP3, OGG, WMA, Surround Sound/5.1, BMP, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, OpenEXR-, DPX- and WDP image sequences

Quote:

Import

4K XAVC S, 4K XAVC, XDCAM EX, XDCAM Optical, DV, HDV, AVCHD, NXCAM, MOV, MP4, WMV, MPEG-1/2/4, H.264/AVC, WAV, FLAC, AAC, MP3, OGG, WMA, Surround Sound/5.1, BMP, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, OpenEXR-, DPX- and WDP image sequences
thanks, so how do I process the p4p's h.265 files if I plan to use vegas pro?

Quote:

Import

Not true. I have Vegas Pro 14 and it supports the h.265 video from the P4P directly without any transcoding. However, you must use the MOV container and NOT the MP4 container. The use of MOV and not MP4 surprised me since I expected on Windows that MP4 would be preferable.

You can also get Vegas 14 to create proxies for you since decoding h.265 on the fly is difficult.

Reactions: tml4191
You can use the FX Lens Correction and save the setting if you are trying to get the best rectilinear settings for your lens and just apply that for a track correction for you files. And yes the proxies do help a lot when working with 4K. I would transcode all to ProRes in 14, very easy to work with.

Reactions: tml4191
You can use the FX Lens Correction and save the setting if you are trying to get the best rectilinear settings for your lens and just apply that for a track correction for you files. And yes the proxies do help a lot when working with 4K. I would transcode all to ProRes in 14, very easy to work with.
thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen