Phantom 4 Pro Excessively Fast Out of Box

Reaction score
I have the original Phantom 4 and it flies perfectly normal, as it should. Today I flew my Phantom 4 Pro, and I couldn't believe what happened. In P mode, I was consistently hitting speeds around 45 miles per hour (MPH, not KPH). In Sport mode, I was consistently reaching speeds of 72 MPH!!! It looked like a racing quad. Obviously, both modes' speeds were much higher than they should have been. And yes, the units of measure in the app are set to imperial, not metric. I am a photographer, so this kind of performance is a hindrance to my work. Has anyone else heard of this issue? Mine is obviously going back tomorrow. See the attached photo of the flight log to see proof of top speed.

Attachments

• IMG_0393.JPG
    IMG_0393.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 461
Unless I'm mistaken, lowering the expo setting will only increase the amount of time it takes to get to top speed. In DJI's specs, the top speed in S mode is listed as 45 MPH.

First check it properly. There is another thread that reports a glitch, giving speed in MPH when it is actually KPH.

I thought of this as well. Especially since 72 KPH converts to about 45 MPH, which I agree definitely seems like more than a coincidence. But visually, and not that I have a radar gun in my forehead, this thing was screaming fast. Much faster visually than what 45 MPH normally looks like on my standard P4.

upgraded from a p3p, and this thing is fast! You can just ease on the sticks. I'm glad DJI made this fast!

Found the other thread about this issue. Assuming then that it is a bug, is it safe to assume DJI will release a firmware fix for it...are they generally good at fixing all bugs such as this?

Found the other thread about this issue. Assuming then that it is a bug, is it safe to assume DJI will release a firmware fix for it...are they generally good at fixing all bugs such as this?
No! Do not lower the speed DJI...

There is also turtle mod, or tripod mode, for those of you looking to utilize this phantom for photography. I like my superman speed, please don't complain to DJi if it actually is a bug :)

Last edited:
In P mode, I was consistently hitting speeds around 45 miles per hour (MPH, not KPH). In Sport mode, I was consistently reaching speeds of 72 MPH!!! .... And yes, the units of measure in the app are set to imperial, not metric.
It's too much of a coincidence that the speeds you are quoting in MPH are exactly what the P4P does in km/h.
See the attached photo of the flight log to see proof of top speed.
The summary page you show is not to be trusted and there have been quite a few cases of unbelievable numbers being shown there.
Check the individual flight record and see what you can find there to get the proper speed.

Or just don't push the stick all the way? They are analog...

If you simply can't resist then tripod mode is the answer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj