Phantom 4 Pro Crash

Did you then walk/run to where you thought the drone was, possibly missing it's RTH? Did you check all around your property? It might be sitting near you.

Yes, the light on the controller went from Green to Red as well.
Since the incomplete log doesn't indicate a RTH being enacted, I wonder if you may have hit a bird causing a catastrophic failure, the red light on your controller would suggest a signal/physical disconnect from the drone. Not sure if this would work, but in the new dji app, there is a find your drone feature which I tested and was good for a reasonable distance. And that was with the drone turned off and stuffed in the bush at the back of my block.

Any chance the battery was not firmly clicked into place when you put the 2nd one in?
If thats the story, the drone should be directly under last known position and battery along side it.....

When the video cuts out, there is "Usually" control signal still connected. Did you physically press the RTH button?

Yes I drove over to that area and didnt see anything, I have to wait till Monday when the owner of the Green houses is there so I can walk his property. I checked the retention pond as well.

As mentioned above, the logs give no indication of a problem, and altitude appears to be far to high for it to have hit an obstacle at the last reported location. The only thing that I notice is that the disconnect occured immediately after a very rapid stop, with a significant reverse pitch of 25°. I wonder if that shook the battery loose.

Well just wanted to give an update, I went over to the area it was last updated on the map, The owner of the Green Houses was out and I asked if I could search the property for my drone, the man immediatly said that there was one that landed last night that he just posted in a neighborhood FB page he found one. The guy said that it was just hovering in the one spot for a few minutes, he said then it turned around and looked like it started to fly back home when he said all of the sudden it stopped and just landed in the back of his property. There is not a scratch on the Phantom, the battery still has 2 lights on it,It turns on and does its boot up process, camera gimbal calibrates properly however I cant get the controller to connect back to the Phantom. I tried doing the pairing process to the controller and Phantom but it doesnt seem to take. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch guys!

Well just wanted to give an update, I went over to the area it was last updated on the map, The owner of the Green Houses was out and I asked if I could search the property for my drone, the man immediatly said that there was one that landed last night that he just posted in a neighborhood FB page he found one. The guy said that it was just hovering in the one spot for a few minutes, he said then it turned around and looked like it started to fly back home when he said all of the sudden it stopped and just landed in the back of his property. There is not a scratch on the Phantom, the battery still has 2 lights on it,It turns on and does its boot up process, camera gimbal calibrates properly however I cant get the controller to connect back to the Phantom. I tried doing the pairing process to the controller and Phantom but it doesnt seem to take. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch guys!

Glad for the happy ending to your wayward drone. You may want to invest in a tracker for incidents like this. But to address the r/c & a/c pairing issue, sometimes it takes a few tries to complete it successfully. I always find it easier to get it to connect by using the GoApp for some reason. Worth a try. [emoji106]

The aircraft was still powered up when you found it?

Are you sure it is yours? :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl