Phantom 4 Pro Crash

Reaction score
Hoping someone can give me some insight, I took my Phantom 4 Pro up today and was flying around,Everything was normal,Got some pictures and came back home since the battery was getting low. Swapped out the battery and took it back up to get some more shots and all of the sudden after a minute out my DJI app said disconnected on the iPad, I kept waiting and waiting for the phantom to come back but it never did, I went to the last location it was on the map searched the whole area and even the flight route and still found nothing. Can anyone have any idea what could of happened? I had the phantom set to RTH if it lost connection to the controller. Which I know worked as the last flight on the 1st battery I actually lost signal and it started coming home until I was able to reestablish signal. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

What was the RTH altitude set to?

Everything was up to date with both the controller and phantom, The only thing I did see that was weird is when I put the second battery in the DJI Go app said that there was inconsistent firmware and to update now,I selected the update button and the Phantom rebooted the message said everything was normal.

Are you confident it was set to meters and not feet?

Are you confident it was set to meters and not feet?

I want to say 95 percent sure, The only reason I want to say im sure is I actually upgraded the Firmware Yesterday and I had to reset all the settings, RTH was defaulted back at 30 and I always set it at 90. Im looking at the DJI go app now and of course it has no data but it says RTH altitude (20-500M).

Edit: I actually had to use RTH on the first battery today and it almost 300Ft high when it came back, Now what I dont know is when the DJI app said inconsistent firmware could it of reset it back again?

This would be the path RTH would take. How long did you leave your controller on after losing signal?

Attachments

• RTH path.png
    RTH path.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 489
And you say after updating firmware it defaulted back. Did you check the command of what it would actually do after losing signal? RTH or hover, or land?

Looking at log again. LINE #4: Home Point Updated; Home Point Recorded. RTH Altitude: 47m. (150ft).

Both your flight logs indicate RTH at 47 mtrs, depending on the contour of the ground you were flying, is it possible it banged into something? Since there are no RTH flags in your logs, I'm thinking it crashed and hence the signal disconnect message.

Looking at the KML in google earth shows no objects near it @ 300+ ft. up. So if you actually still had control signal to controller was it hovering all that time?

Can anyone have any idea what could of happened? I had the phantom set to RTH if it lost connection to the controller.
Unfortunately the log gives no clues as what may have happened.
The flight record just ends with your Phantom hovering 1270 ft away and 312 feet up.
Terrain and obstacles would not have been a factor where you flew and at that altitude.
There are no error messages or indications to help solve this one.
I can't see any clues that might help work out what happened.

Looking at the KML in google earth shows no objects near it @ 300+ ft. up. So if you actually still had control signal to controller was it hovering all that time?

I actually left the controller on the whole time,Its actually the next neighborhood over so I was thinking if I left the controller/iPad on I could possibly reconnect and at least try and get a picture to get a clue on where it went. Thanks again for all the help!

Both your flight logs indicate RTH at 47 mtrs, depending on the contour of the ground you were flying, is it possible it banged into something? Since there are no RTH flags in your logs, I'm thinking it crashed and hence the signal disconnect message.

Its possible, The trees aren't very tall but anything is possible as I thought I had the RTH set to 90 meters.

If the controller was on the whole time, I imagine there was control signal to the drone. It was just hovering there and should have RTH at low batt. , landed at critcal batt.

Prbly too late now, but I'd walk the RTH path with controller/device on to see if connection could be made.

I appreciate the help, Luckily it is insured,I just thought I could get some insight from someone that knows how to read the maps better than I could to help give more information to the insurance company when I call. Thanks again for the help!

When the video cuts out, there is "Usually" control signal still connected. Did you physically press the RTH button?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20