Phantom 4 Pro (available in the DJI store)

duel encoding, remote not compatible with p4 probably because of dual bandwidth 2.4 and 5.8. what i like is redundant IMU and compass. I have p3p and was looking at mavic, but the new return to home along flight path, flight time and best of all Camera. I mean we fly these things to take pics and vids. I will just deal with the size.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Wouldn't the new greater range indicate Ocusync

The naming of the FPV stream system is related to the HMD DJI Goggles, Ocu = eye, sync = refresh rate. The Mavic's proper Fly more bundle is meant to be launched with the DJI HMD Goggles. The mavic was also marketed as a 'sports' drone. For those that don't know, the Mavic has the same sensor as the p4 with a different lens. The mavic camera has piss-poor 1080p@60/96FPS for aerial footage to accommodate for the FPV stream to goggles. The mavic's camera does pixel binning to assist the goggles for frame rates and low latency.

This is why the P4Pro doesn't see the need for Occustink. The P4Pro is all about professional photo quality. It wouldn't want to sacrifice pixel binning just to support some silly goggles.

Reactions: Easy-V
It does use a higher capacity battery. The P4P specs show it only adds two minutes of flight time though.
but needed the higher cap batt because of the extra sensors to operate. Now, take the P4P battery and put it in a regular/original P4 and it will add about three minutes to your P4 which would be around 31 minutes under ideal conditions because of less sensors.

but needed the higher cap batt because of the extra sensors to operate. Now, take the P4P battery and put it in a regular/original P4 and it will add about three minutes to your P4 which would be around 31 minutes under ideal conditions because of less sensors.

And less weight....Ah scrap that, shouldn't make a difference, bird is 8g more and its battery 13, so about 21gr....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'm not sure. I hope so though. I'd like to be able to use my goggles.

Me too, I almost sold my HDMI output module
Interesting to see the P4 Pro battery and P4 battery are both $169. Wonder why?

I bet they drop the regular P4 battery production soon and just go with the higher capacity one... at least that is what I would do if I were production manager...

Of
Me too, I almost sold my HDMI output module

I bet they drop the regular P4 battery production soon and just go with the higher capacity one... at least that is what I would do if I were production manager...

If i was a production manager i would pay attention with the pre orders...

I guess it would be ok as the p4 production line has already been established.

Something really interesting in the interview video posted at the top is the fact that the P4P is building a 3D map of the area it is flying in and uses that map to assist in object detection/avoidance. So it is not just relying on what it is seeing at any given moment, but can factor in things it has seen before to figure out where it is. Furthermore the maps are persistent (at least to some degree maybe based on the storage required). So if you mostly fly in the same place, over time, the P4P will build a comprehensive 3D map of the vicinity greatly reducing chances of crashing. That's pretty cool.

Reactions: AIRSPACE
Since I'm at work now and can't go through this long discussion. Did anyone mention, can you remove the Built-in RC display and use an iPad instead? I can see from photos there is a controller without the Built-in RC display.

The reason why I'm asking this is that I mostly fly FPV. And this tiny 5.5" display is not suitable for my needs. Even 8" from iPad mini 2 is quite small for my needs.

Since I'm at work now and can't go through this long discussion. Did anyone mention, can you remove the Built-in RC display and use an iPad instead? I can see from photos there is a controller without the Built-in RC display.
You have the option of buying the cheaper controller and using your own tablet like you are used to or paying more for the dedicated tablet that is small but very bright and high powered.

Reactions: apprentice
Oh man! Those new Intelligent Flight Modes are killer! The one shown tracking a motorcycle interests me most. I think they were Profile, Spotlight, and Circle.. just really upped the game, and I only just flew my Mavic Pro for the first time LOL!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31