Phantom 4 Pro Accessory Questions

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this web site. I just received my remote pilot certificate. I am getting ready to purchase my first drone which will be a DJI Phantom 4 Pro. I have questions regarding two of the drone's accessories. They are the remote control and DJI goggles.

On the subject of remote control, would I generally be better off with a remote control with a built-in screen or using a remote control with a tablet or phone for the display?

With regard to the DJI goggles, I see potential uses for these goggle for tasks such as inspecting roofs or structural damage in that the wearer would be able to see things in better detail. Do these goggles really work and are they worth the investment?

Thanks.

No, to be honest they are cool but won't be that useful, you could do the same with your device, use a iOS phone or iPad. Been hearing reports about the built in tablet is not that reliable

Thanks for the reply. I have a couple of additional questions. I will soon be ordering a Phantom 4 Pro. I am going to build up flight hours before I either try to get hired by a local business or do a start up business. One of the changes that I plan to make immediately after receiving the Phantom is replacing the standard plastic propeller blades with stronger material blades. I want to have a sufficient number of batteries that allow me to fly for at least one to two hours a day. I also would like to find a book that teaches at least basic flight training with the Phantom 4 Pro and a training book for aerial photography. My questions are:

1. Would carbon-fiber be my best option for propeller blades or would another material be a better option?

2. What books would you recommend that would teach me at least the basics of how to fly and maneuver a Phantom 4 Pro?

3. What books would you recommend that would teach me how to do aerial photography with a drone?

4. How many batteries would I need to be able to fly for 1 to 2 hours a day? How long would it take to recharge the DJI batteries? Since I would need more than one battery, what battery charger would you recommend that can charge multiple batteries simultaneously and shut off automatically when the batteries are fully charged?

Thanks in advance.

I always figure a bit more than 20 minutes of flight time per battery. DJI has a higher estimate. I like having a nice pad against unexpected ground time, flying into the wind, ect. So, 2 hours of flight would be 6 batteries. Get the DJI multi charger.

Thanks for the reply. I have a couple of additional questions. I will soon be ordering a Phantom 4 Pro. I am going to build up flight hours before I either try to get hired by a local business or do a start up business. One of the changes that I plan to make immediately after receiving the Phantom is replacing the standard plastic propeller blades with stronger material blades. I want to have a sufficient number of batteries that allow me to fly for at least one to two hours a day. I also would like to find a book that teaches at least basic flight training with the Phantom 4 Pro and a training book for aerial photography. My questions are:

1. Would carbon-fiber be my best option for propeller blades or would another material be a better option?

2. What books would you recommend that would teach me at least the basics of how to fly and maneuver a Phantom 4 Pro?

3. What books would you recommend that would teach me how to do aerial photography with a drone?

4. How many batteries would I need to be able to fly for 1 to 2 hours a day? How long would it take to recharge the DJI batteries? Since I would need more than one battery, what battery charger would you recommend that can charge multiple batteries simultaneously and shut off automatically when the batteries are fully charged?

Thanks in advance.

1) I think you will find that there are no better props than the stock DJI props. If you search around this forum of very knowledgeable and experienced pilots, you will find that to be the opinion. They tend to be very well balanced out of the box as well. Carbon fiber offers very little by way of an upgrade. In fact, last I knew, you would have to downgrade your prop mounting hubs to be able to install carbon fiber props via a spin-on post. Stay with the stock for best results.

2) YouTube is a much better source for all you would want to know. Just get creative in your search instructions.

3) Same as 2 above..

4) 4 batteries is a good place to start, and DJI sells a multi charger that you can put three batteries into at a time - plus the remote. It will charge one battery at a time, but it allows three to be charged unattended. I normally run my batteries down to 30% or so - sometimes less - and from 30% they charge back to 100% in approximately 30 minutes. I have an inverter that I plug into my car's power plug to charge while out and about, and it works well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl