Phantom 4 - No Lightbridge? See Drone Camps video

Reaction score
Was watching the Drone Camps review on You-tube. They seemed to think that this must be a hybrid of Lightbridge because the transmitter is still good for 3.1 miles, but it doesn't say it's a Lightbridge connection.

What are other's thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Does that mean Lightbridge after all?

Does that mean Lightbridge after all?

This is and I quote, from the DJI website Phantom 4 RC Spec:

"The Phantom 4’s remote control and live feed is based on DJI Lightbridge technology, providing effective control range of up to 3.1mi (5km) in unobstructed areas that are free from interference. Its HD live feed gives you an exact view of your flight, perfect for composing shots."

Does that mean there is another form of control from the RC to the Aircraft?
Yes. The RC does not control the Phantom via the Lightbridge video connection.

For the RC connection, the only thing that has changed between the Phantom 3 and 4 is the power of the transmitter. It has increased from FCC 20 dBm to FCC 23 dBm. And, CE 16 dBm to CE 17 dBm.

Okay. So why does DroneCampsRC say it's a hybrid? Any ideas?
Well, he said he was assuming in his video. DJI's website clearly lists it as Lightbridge though.

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The dji website says it " is based on lightbridge " . Doesn't say it is lightbridge.

The dji website says it " is based on lightbridge " . Doesn't say it is lightbridge.
It says it's Lightbridge here:

Lightbridge.png

Reactions: Dounin Front
Light bridge is a thing of the past. By the end of the year it will be "lighter bridge" 1080p down link or better

Good grief guys. Using one word, "based", to create your own story line from a Chinese company that doesn't have command of the English language is worse than guessing at the truth. Same goes with Justin at drone camps.You guys might as well use a Crystal ball, it would be more accurate.

Reactions: Meta4
Okay. So why does DroneCampsRC say it's a hybrid? Any ideas?

Because they don't know what they're talking about?

It's Lightbridge. DJI reuses the same tech in new products all the time. What else would it be?

Reactions: 750r and Dirty Bird

It's Lightbridge. DJI reuses the same tech in new products all the time. What else would it be?
Would it be something ' based ' on lightbridge ??? LOL ( just stirring )

I don't know. I have no idea. It doesn't make sense. That's why I asked. It just seems odd that DoneCampsRC, an authorized DJI retailer, would make this hybrid idea up out of thin air. Thanks

Awright I looked at some of the comments on that dronecampsrc vid comments section. Somebody challenged them on the hybrid thing, and dronecampsrc explains:

You just said it yourself. "Based" on Lightbridge. This means it is not fully Lightbridge. Light bridge on the Phantom 3 also is a hybrid of the original. Not the full blown version. Trust me.

Okay. So I'm going to guess that "Lightbridge 2" is perhaps the original Lightbridge. And perhaps DJI watered it down somehow for the P3.

Just guessing.

I don't know. I have no idea. It doesn't make sense.
What makes no sense is the way the forums blow up with furious posting over misunderstandings with every new model.
WIth the P3 it was all about how the european customers would have their range crippled.
In the last week there have been a hundred or more posts complaining about altitude limits that don't exist and this week it's nonsensical suggestions that somehow the camera sensor and now Lightbridge is somehow inferior to what's in the P3
The P4 has the same Lightbridge as the P3.
It's the same ...except for some trivial increase in the power output, there nothing different about it and it's going to perform just like the Lightbridge in the P3.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj