Phantom 4 new battery clip/mod

"does this thing switch over to the aux battery when the stock has gotten low (at what percent)????

It's just a simple parallel connection with your existing battery so your craft is drawing juice from all batteries at the same time.

I've just ordered one of these from maxxUAV U.K. has anyone used one yet and what battery's did you use ? And how much extra flight time did you get .
I know if you go to big on battery you loose out on the weight restricting the extra flight times . Thanks
45e370afddb7434122141f3fdfaa99c2.jpg
44d23dc27b44d3f2ad155cf60802dc42.jpg
3c0418aee3818668de863295f34fd55a.jpg
9fabd2024df137919992e5e04cc2c4f7.jpg
62e9d26d1b34cea5772b6ea055d51eb4.jpg
37a2fb4bb4c91477669a41c36bc65a13.jpg
any update on this regarding flight times etc etc?

I've got one here waiting to be used but my P4 is doa right now so I can't try it out!

I'm teacher of electrical theory and my current knowledge tells me that conductor is going to struggle to carry those Amps. If anything it will act as a radiant heater and cause premature failure of the main battery. It just aint worth it.

Reactions: OliCraft
Well I've got one here looking at it and I doubt that going to happen. These things are pretty thick really.

This is strange to me why we're asking so many questions about "does it work?" Has the seller ever tested this product? Is this so new that nobody's actually used it yet?

Reactions: JohnnyB
Due to the rubbish weather here in the uk I haven't had chance to test times yet sorry , it's all set up ready with new battery's fitted ready to go , just need a nice bit of weather on my day off work . Hope soon lol

Reactions: cstout
This is awesome I just posted my experience in doing the mod through the drone (not fun) wish I saw this before I tore my whole drone apart, anyhow I survived, this little mod is awesome

This is awesome I just posted my experience in doing the mod through the drone (not fun) wish I saw this before I tore my whole drone apart, anyhow I survived, this little mod is awesome
Well if you did it and it didn't give you an "ESC ERROR" then you're lucky!

Well the sun is out in the uk this morning , just packing everything ready in the van for its first test flight with the new mod battery's added , just testing the flight time this morning not distance as I want to keep the bird in sight just incase it goes t*ts up lol.
Will update with times this afternoon.

Reactions: JohnnyB
Ok , flights done and not as good as I expected, with the two added batteries @2,200 each I only gain approx 4mins extra flight time .
It was VERY windy today and a did only a line of sight flights very close to me so I was flying into the strong wind a lot of the time . Pics added below . Next time I'll do a long distance flight in low winds to see if that improve the flight time anymore ??
4aae7775fcac0cc82c9d50d5143e1f36.jpg
bdfe93ff656d1ade2c94316cc3ec4631.jpg

Reactions: JohnnyB and cstout
Has to be the wind because I know you will see more than just 4 minutes extra from those two batteries. Try it on a calm day and see if it's not a lot better then. I bet it will be. I'm getting mine back Tuesday so I'll be able to post up some before and after times as well with and without the battery mod.

If the batteries were $100 each, that's $50 for 1 extra minute... I'll stay stock. (Lol)

What kind of battery did you use. I have two 5200 4s 14.8 V LiHV in parallel. Will that work or be too much

Was trying to keep the weight down by going for the the 2,200 mah and not having all the extra weight on one side with one battery .

Would 2 5200 mah 4s LiHV 14.8 V (one on each side) be far too much?

I found that to be too much weight. Gives motor errors during flight making the a/c yaw to the side off course. I tried (1) 5.2 & (1) 4.0 , same problems.
I've ran (2) 4.0's and that happened only half the flights. Even a couple 4.0's if your P4 can handle them, will cause severe cracks in the rear arms.
I would only use those heavy combos if you plan on taking a crack at the distance record.

I have been wondering how much time would be gained. I can see that the extra battery capacity would help. At the same time the extra battery weight would cause the motors to use more energy just to lift the batteries. The net gain/loss will be interesting to see.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl