Phantom 4 new battery clip/mod

It has a wide surface area.
Surface area has less to do with current carrying capacity than cross sectional area, hence my question. On reflection, however, it's not as big an issue as the total ESC current draw will now be spread across these conductors as well as the internal battery.

Are you sure?
Yes. As an aside, at mains current frequencies the thickness of your home electrical wiring is too small to exhibit this effect.

Surface area has less to do with current carrying capacity than cross sectional area, hence my question. On reflection, however, it's not as big an issue as the total ESC current draw will now be spread across these conductors as well as the internal battery.

Yes. As an aside, at mains current frequencies the thickness of your home electrical wiring is too small to exhibit this effect.
skin effect..is the tendency of an alternating electric current (AC) to become distributed within a conductor such that the current density is largest near the surface of the conductor,and decreases with greater depths in the conductor.the electric current flows mainly at the skin of the conductor,between the outer surface and the level called the skin.

skin effect..is the tendency ...............

Lol I studied this at university over 35 years ago and it never ceases to amaze me how often this comes up in the wrong context. "Audiophiles" were the worst offenders when claiming how good one set of cables were over the cheaper competition.

Reactions: David Kraft
"Includes a LED light so you know when to connect the aux batteries" got that from the uk site.
does this thing switch over to the aux battery when the stock has gotten low (at what percent)????

It takes a 'pos' and a 'neg' to light a light. My guess it's just to let you know the connection is good.

I'm waiting for reports of successful flight, and extended times achieved, very interesting. But with the questionable "flat wire" connection to the craft pins, I would be concerned about the reliability of this idea. The flat wire appears adequate to carry the current, but the pin connection inside the craft looks a bit sketchy to me. However, I've been waiting for someone to use that kind of wide flat conductor wire to modify a stock battery and provide an XT60 connector on the front of the battery. With custom flat cables, I think the low wire profile would allow the power wires to be funneled up the side of the battery and potentially through a hole in the top of the battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20