Phantom 4 ND Filters

Hey Jeff - thanks for the input, much appreciated. As soon as I am able to purchase the Polar Pro set I will. I am currently using a cheap set I bought through Amazon and I am not happy with the results. Footage looks grainy. I hear nothing but great things about the Polar Pro set, little pricy but probably worth it. Just need to justify the purchase with my wife... Seems like the drone hobby is taking on a budget category of its own. So it might takes some time. Any recommendations for shooting locations in Newport? I have been shooting in Palos Verdes and San Pedro...just waiting for the June-gloom weather to pass...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Haha Awesome! We shoot all over Newport, Laguna, CDM, there are a lot of great things to shoot! Yah the overcast skies are not making for ideal filming conditions right now. Its still fun to get out there and fly though!
Jeff

As a photographer with very little video experience, can someone answer or point me to why you guys want to get to 1/50s shutter speed for the video? I heard something about double the framerate, but I guess I don't get what happens if it's doing video at 1/200s

As a photographer with very little video experience, can someone answer or point me to why you guys want to get to 1/50s shutter speed for the video? I heard something about double the framerate, but I guess I don't get what happens if it's doing video at 1/200s

Too fast a shutter speed makes the video look choppy when panning or viewing moving objects. The slight motion blur introduced at a shutter speed of half the interframe time produces the most visually smooth results.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20