Phantom 4 ND Filters

Reaction score
I bought a DJI ND8 filter thinking that it would be enough for bright sunny days without having to adjust my shutter speed. Ok I was ignorant. Looks like I will need a ND32. Does anyone have a good recommedation?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Whoa there cowboy!
I thought the same thing and jumped from ND8 to ND32.. Just earlier today I posted about how the ND32 is too dark, even in the bright California desert, and it mutes all the colors.
I just ordered an ND16.. You might want to try that before the 32..

PS: Polar Pro ND32, "like new" for sale!

I
Whoa there cowboy!
I thought the same thing and jumped from ND8 to ND32.. Just earlier today I posted about how the ND32 is too dark, even in the bright California desert, and it mutes all the colors.

If you were in Canada I"d buy that ND32 as I have snow here yet and it is extremely bright with the spring sun.

I guess if i could afford it, i would buy both the 16 & 32. Thanks for the input

So - I live in Sourthen California which most of the time it is pretty bright. I have been shooting with D-log color and dialing down my contrast, saturation and sharpness, so that i can color grade it in premiere cc. With that said, should i go with a ND16 or ND32?

So - I live in Sourthen California which most of the time it is pretty bright. I have been shooting with D-log color and dialing down my contrast, saturation and sharpness, so that i can color grade it in premiere cc. With that said, should i go with a ND16 or ND32?

As I mentioned above - you should calculate the appropriate filter from the camera settings in the environment that you are shooting. The appropriate settings are related to the optimal shutter speed for video, not the exposure settings for optimal dynamic range.

Are there adjustable ones for the p4?

This is from my x5 using an adjustable filter.

Reactions: Cale262
Whoa there cowboy!

Is that a ND32 /PL ?
Also , the ND16 filter you said you ordered , was that a pl as well and where did you order it from? Thanks

where is the best place to buy nd filters for the P4? I am looking to get package of them.

where is the best place to buy nd filters for the P4? I am looking to get package of them.
Www.polarprofilters.com
This is by far the best customer service you might experience while purchasing from them . If you contact Jeff overall he will throw in the gimbal lock for these filters. I bought to sets from them good luck

Hey Joe!
We are in Newport Beach and I film quite often around here, I would say 95% of the time I am using an ND8 or ND16 filter. Sunny beach days with a lot of light bouncing back up off the water can call for an ND32 filter to get shutter to 1/50th. Just remember to make sure it is bright enough to use and ND32 or ND64 and your shutter doesn't drop below 1/50th.
Let me know if you need any other suggestions!
Jeff

I use "Rainbowers" complete kit for the P4 and I wouldnt bother with anything else except maybe PolarPro.

Hey Jeff - thanks for the input, much appreciated. As soon as I am able to purchase the Polar Pro set I will. I am currently using a cheap set I bought through Amazon and I am not happy with the results. Footage looks grainy. I hear nothing but great things about the Polar Pro set, little pricy but probably worth it. Just need to justify the purchase with my wife... Seems like the drone hobby is taking on a budget category of its own. So it might takes some time. Any recommendations for shooting locations in Newport? I have been shooting in Palos Verdes and San Pedro...just waiting for the June-gloom weather to pass...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj