Phantom 4 MPH?

Reaction score
Why do I only get vertical mph but not horizontal mph information on my iPhone when flying a phantom4 also in sports mode it's not as fast as people go on about on YouTube? Would it be my settings?

Why do I only get vertical mph but not horizontal mph information on my iPhone when flying a phantom4 also in sports mode it's not as fast as people go on about on YouTube? Would it be my settings?
HI what's your Imu and your sensors doing are they normal,,,not sure about speed loss did have a similar fault while back after update,,,I think because when Dji does there programs (firmware) they can do braking and etc so I'm sure they rob some speed to adjust other bits and bobs,,,,2nd flight on p4 was 78.2 MPhil in sport mode...it was awesome,,,now can't get past 52mph with a tail wind,,so they are doing something

Thanks for your reply. I assume you mean the DJI pilots app. I'll check it out asap. But I'm not thick lol just new at this. So you may need to tell me how to enable flight mode step by step.
Anyway I'll have a crack at it tonight. Cheers

In "Main Controller Settings" in the DJI GO 4 app -( Tap the aircraft symbol to open it)- enable Multiple Flight Modes.

Thanks for your reply. I assume you mean the DJI pilots app. I'll check it out asap. But I'm not thick lol just new at this. So you may need to tell me how to enable flight mode step by step.
Anyway I'll have a crack at it tonight. Cheers
I'm off work tomorrow. Weather is normal low wind. I'll go and fly and test sports mode. I saw sports mode on YouTube and they all said wow so fast. I've not done that yet lol. What's lmu? Sensors are only set to avoid obstacles in front.

In "Main Controller Settings" in the DJI GO 4 app -( Tap the aircraft symbol to open it)- enable Multiple Flight Modes.
You have to enable "Multiple Flight Modes" in the app before you can fly in Sports Mode.
I have done that now, thanks. I was so eager to get up and fly, I did not read all the settings correctly. Thank you for your help I'll let you know how I get on

Ok thanks I'll do that today. I have been using YouTube a lot. It's really hard to find good areas to fly here in the UK. So many laws against drones. I live in London. I have got one areas I can go, but before I upload any video clips I think I'll get some fly time in.

Se18, Woolwich.
I took the P4 to Shrewsbury Park today tried out sports mode and it flew as it was meant to. I only stayed for a short while as all the local dogs were barking like mad. Lol. Later I went to a abandoned school field and flew it for 15 minutes and my husky chased it even though it was 70ft up in the air.

Surprise, surprise! I'm also in S E18...have flown in the park many times. Blackheath is also good -(and quite legal, provided you don't fly over Greenwich Park).
Have to meet up sometime.

What's the odds in that lol. Yes I'd like to meet up,
I have most afternoons free as I work part time. I do the catering for a community centre and I run their bar when it's hired, plus special events we put on. Also as it's getting better weather now I will be doing their gardening. Maintenance as well lol. So weekends usually free as well. Perhaps a beer or coke after
Ps I have two batteries

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20