Phantom 4 Motor Caps

I redesigned these a bit last week. Here's what the center of the caps look like now:

View attachment 61568

This change did a few things:
  • I was able to make the caps looser since the supports in the middle keep the cap from wobbling. They now slide on as easily as the props.
  • The supports in the middle prevent the cap from being turned in the wrong direction. You can now turn the cap until it stops moving and pull it straight up to remove it.
Looks good! Thanks for addressing the issue.:cool:

well #2 set is the same as the 1st if not harder to get on and off ....

well #2 set is the same as the 1st if not harder to get on and off ....
It sounds like your original set was working as designed then if the new set is exactly the same. As I mentioned above, the fit is snug on purpose to prevent the cap from wobbling. I'll send you my newly redesigned set. If you have no trouble installing the props, then you'll be pleasantly surprised with the fit of the new design.

It sounds like your original set was working as designed then if the new set is exactly the same. As I mentioned above, the fit is snug on purpose to prevent the cap from wobbling. I'll send you my newly redesigned set. If you have no trouble installing the props, then you'll be pleasantly surprised with the fit of the new design.

i understand there supposed to be snug , but i have a couple that you can slip on , but getting off is another story ....i have a lot of patience but i feel it shouldn't be that difficult to remove without the feeling like your almost putting way to much tension on the posts there trying to protect....

i have a couple that you can slip on , but getting off is another story
Ah, got it. The issue is not that they are too snug, it's that they can be turned too far in the opposite direction -- which causes them to catch on the opposite lock. As I noted above, I improved the design to prevent the caps from being turned too far in the opposite direction. It's now impossible to do so.

Reactions: Bckmstr
Msinger, are the caps not supposed to twist on or off like the props do? If they are meant to go on a specific color motor, can they be tie dye in the 2 different colors,that way you know which motor to put each one on?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If they are meant to go on a specific color motor, can they be tie dye in the 2 different colors,that way you know which motor to put each one on?
The caps are universal. The issue that some have with them is they can be turned a little bit too far when removing them. That causes them to catch on the opposite lock and doesn't allow them to be pulled off. As I mentioned above, I redesigned the cap last week to fix this problem. They now attach/remove as smoothly as the props.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie