Phantom 4 max take off weight.

Reaction score
I just received my phantom 4 and was wondering how much weight can the phantom lift in sport mode or P mode?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

There is a you tube video about this it is @ 2.5 lbs.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

IIRC that was less than the P3's max takeoff.

What about the P4P...anyone?

More concerned without the payload, max safe/acceptable take off weight without any significant drain on the battery?

Generally by P4P we mean P4 Pro, not P4 flying in P mode. So can we agree P4 Pro has same propulsion performance as all other P4 (not talking about battery and quick release prop mount).

1:15 is of interest.

I'd like to see some tests without stressing out the motors/propellers with extra unnecessary weight - I was looking more at adding a skin/sticker, gimbal guard and prop guards....not much weight at all, obviously, but would be great to know the overall effect of certain grams on the total available battery life?

RoOSTA

I'd like to see some tests without stressing out the motors/propellers with extra unnecessary weight - I was looking more at adding a skin/sticker, gimbal guard and prop guards....not much weight at all, obviously, but would be great to know the overall effect of certain grams on the total available battery life?

RoOSTA
Expect to loose 1.2 to 1.7s flight time per gram of additional weight added (weight alone, additional drag is also a contributing factor).

You might want compensate with higher capacity battery option having +500mAh for + 13gr. only extra battery weight if I remember well. Budget permitting..

BEWARE: dont put sticker containing metal particles!

Last edited:
I have 2 genuine Dji batteries for my P4P. I appreciate the info regarding weight affecting the flight time.

I'm a bit concerned about 3rd party (and extra capacity) batteries. They would probably weigh more... Can they void warranty? Who here uses them and which manufacturer? Interested to learn some opinions.

You might want compensate with higher capacity battery option having +500mAh for + 13gr. only extra battery weight if I remember well. Budget permitting..

BEWARE: dont put sticker containing metal particles!

You mean like the mettalic foil dji sticker on top?

We are in P4 category forum, not P4P, so I assumed you possibly don't have 5'870mAh battery part 64 but rather 5'350 (part 54). If you have already 5'870 it's fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20