Phantom 4 Lost Range, Never RTH

Reaction score
I was out flying my Phantom 4 last night and got to around 2000 feet away with 80% percent battery. At this point it lost connection and I assumed it would automatically RTH. After waiting for a while it never returned and I got no more video feed. What I have read is that it possibly got stuck in between loss of signal and signal and never turned on the RTH. After that I assumed it would return on low battery but it never came back. Can anyone help analyze what happened? and since it was a software glitch do you think I will be covered from DJI? I just bought it 2 months or so ago from an authorized retailer. Any advice would be great, here is the flight log

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I was out flying my Phantom 4 last night and got to around 2000 feet away with 80% percent battery. At this point it lost connection and I assumed it would automatically RTH. After waiting for a while it never returned and I got no more video feed. What I have read is that it possibly got stuck in between loss of signal and signal and never turned on the RTH. After that I assumed it would return on low battery but it never came back. Can anyone help analyze what happened? and since it was a software glitch do you think I will be covered from DJI? I just bought it 2 months or so ago from an authorized retailer. Any advice would be great, here is the flight log
Unfortunately HD only ever gives a brief summary so it doesn't give much information to go with.
But it shows you losing downlink signal for 19 seconds and entering RTH at 2:57 but it shows RTH being cancelled 3 seconds later.
Did you initiate RTH and cancel it?

If you haven't updated your app to the latest version, you might be able to get more information by going to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
But if you are on the latest app version, that won't work.

I don't know how to analyze the data, but it was interesting to see it climb to just over 900'....

I don't know how to analyze the data, but it was interesting to see it climb to just over 900'....

Maybe RTH was set to 300m and not 300ft? Just spitballing.

Unfortunately HD only ever gives a brief summary so it doesn't give much information to go with.
But it shows you losing downlink signal for 19 seconds and entering RTH at 2:57 but it shows RTH being cancelled 3 seconds later.
Did you initiate RTH and cancel it?

If you haven't updated your app to the latest version, you might be able to get more information by going to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
But if you are on the latest app version, that won't work.
Thanks for the info, and yes I cancelled the RTH because my phantom regained connection. However after it gained connection I flew a little farther and it lost it again, this time not automatically returning to home. What I'm wondering is if it tried to return to home later on when the battery got low but couldn't fly that 2000 feet on 10% battery. What are your thoughts? I assume the drone software glitched and never initiated RTH the second time it disconnected.

The reason it didn't RTH was because you didn't lose rc control. The device doesn't come back to you unless you lose control from the rc. The video feed is different.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The reason it didn't RTH was because you didn't lose rc control. The device doesn't come back to you unless you lose control from the rc. The video feed is different.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
How come the gps didn't update after the disconnection then? also the remote had a red light on it , making me think complete connection was lost. So theoretically what would the drone have done after I shut the remote off or the battery got low? I would assume it would have tried to come home after that but it never did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers