Phantom 4 losses satellite signal mid flight any idea what can cause this ?

Reaction score
This is my first time to experience this with my P4
I was flying FPV from home , and all of sudden the Mode switched on the screen to atti , I examined the flight record , and I found deterioration of the number of satellite in certain place from 14 to 10 to 7 then to 0 , I was not under a bridge or any overhead structure , it was an open area "Walmart parking lot " the gps signal came back in few seconds then went off again , so I decided to hit Return home once I got the gps again . I do fly Atti some times but I do that intentionally with full gps signal.
I included the flight log down here.
The lost gps signal around the 5 minute of the flight

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Have you done any mod on your AC?

Where are you? There are scheduled GPS interruptions on the east coast near the Carolinas due to military operations.

Reactions: uavflyr
Where are you? There are scheduled GPS interruptions on the east coast near the Carolinas due to military operations.
How can people find out about these GPS interruptions and other NOTAM worthy stuff before they happen?

Read cozy Canucks post. There's quite a lot of info on this. Same thing happened to him. Turns out it was warranty issue

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Geo magnetic storms caused by coronal mass ejections shocking the earths magnetic field and causing interference across all radio and microwave bands

As explained this could be caused by atmospheric conditions. If this continues to happen regularly though I'd contact DJI as it would indicate a hardware issue of some kind.

As seen in the log I am in Dallas Texas and yes I fly with this P4 since I got it about 45 hours , first time this happened

K-Index was at 6 today.
I never fly when K-Index is above 4.

F3honda4me
As explained this could be caused by atmospheric conditions. If this continues to happen regularly though I'd contact DJI as it would indicate a hardware issue of some kind.

I use this app regularly (Android)

K-Index monitor - Android Apps on Google Play

Or..
iOS

Sun Activity (kp-index) on the App Store

K-INDEX is currently at 5

Sent from my Current position

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member