Phantom 4 Lens Now Included in Adobe Camera Raw 9.6

Reaction score
Adobe has released the new Camera Raw 9.6 software update. Download links: Win | Mac
Photoshop and Lightroom can now take care of DJI Phantom 4 wide angle lens photos distortion. The correction filter works great.
Phantom 4 photo of beach erosion in Collaroy at Sydney northern beaches, caused by recent storm is attached.

Attachments

• DJI_0003_HD.jpg
    DJI_0003_HD.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 844
Adobe has released the new Camera Raw 9.6 software update. Download links: Win | Mac
Photoshop and Lightroom can now take care of DJI Phantom 4 wide angle lens photos distortion. The correction filter works great.
Phantom 4 photo of beach erosion in Collaroy at Sydney northern beaches, caused by recent storm is attached.
thanks! do you mind specifying where the filter is? I'm an ace at Photoshop, just new to the drone. :)

You need to download the DNG file from your SD card and open it in Photoshop CC. This will bring up Camera Raw window. From there go to Lens Correction and Phantom 4 lens should be automatically recognised. If not, select one from pull down menu.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-06-09 14h 22m 37s.png
    Screenshot 2016-06-09 14h 22m 37s.png
    4 MB · Views: 729
I'm a noob, is camera raw free and compatible with any version of lightroom/photoshop? I have LR 6.3 and don't wanna mess up the installation.

After some digging... here are the instructions:

Download the plugin (linked in first post). Install using exe or dmg file. When complete, open Photoshop...

Load a jpg your Phantom 4 took you'd like to correct. Go to "Filter" at the top, then "Lens Correction...".

You'll be able to add "DJI" as the Camera Make on the right side, with your Phantom 4 as the model/lens model.

It makes a mild adjustment for geometric distortion.

I'm a noob, is camera raw free and compatible with any version of lightroom/photoshop? I have LR 6.3 and don't wanna mess up the installation.
"I don't want to mess up the installation" is the best euphemism for "I am not using a valid copy of Adobe Lightroom" that I have ever heard. Well done. Go get a student version, it's a few bucks a month.

Doesn't LR handle DNG natively? Maybe just not this 9.6. I use PhotoShop and SpeedGrade anyhow. Sometimes I'll use LR for a quickie. It's definitely a good piece of software.

Reactions: mudrephoto
Installed it in my PS CS6 this afternoon. Works like a champ. I have all Adobe automatic updates turned off and blocked on my wireless router so I didn't know this update was out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik