Phantom 4 Lens Correction Profiles

Reaction score
I have made lens correction profiles for the P4. There is one for Raw and one for JPG. I don't know how well the chromatic aberration or vignetting model will work since I didn't have professional lighting but the geometric distortion should work well. The P4 doesn't have much geometric distortion but when you use multiple pictures to make a panorama it will look much better now if you use these profiles.

Attachments

• Adobe Lens Correction Profiles for DJI Phantom 4.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 1,120
I have made lens correction profiles for the P4. There is one for Raw and one for JPG. I don't know how well the chromatic aberration or vignetting model will work since I didn't have professional lighting but the geometric distortion should work well. The P4 doesn't have much geometric distortion but when you use multiple pictures to make a panorama it will look much better now if you use these profiles.
Awesome - Thank you for this!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sinisalo

Thanks for sharing... this is a great help.

Thanks, I'll give them a shot this weekend.

Sorry, I am too stupid to install the lens profile. I copied it into .../Lightroom/Resources/Lensprofiles/1.0/DJI but it wont show up in the list....
is it not compatible with lightroom 6.3?

I tried out the new official lens profile from Camera Raw 9.6 and it does quite a lot of cropping at the borders for my taste (see attachment).

The distortions of the P4 camera are so minimal that I'm not sure if its worth to apply the correction...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 886
Long time user of PS CS versions, but please refresh my memory of where the files go. Which folder?

Also, how does it compare to the lens profile of that guy? Some images I took yesterday
can someone reupload it plz, I cannot login to the dji forums for whatever reasons
Sorry I was just deciding if I was going to create a lens correction profile for the Phantom 4 Pro and so I looked back on this old thread. It appears that Sploodge may or may not have posted the Lens Profile I created without giving proper credit to me as the creator. Who knows, maybe he created some lens profiles himself and then named them the exact same thing as I did and then just put them into a differently named zip file.

Reactions: jopa489
Actually I just compared both files in depth, he definitely posted my files as his own. I am all for sharing, that is why I made the profile since I knew it would take Adobe a few months but dang, that is not cool!

Reactions: cstout and jopa489

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.