Phantom 4 leak pics, wonder what flight time we will be getting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am waiting for the autel x pro to come out looks like a phantom

I am waiting for the autel x pro to come out looks like a phantom
They launched it more than a year ago at CES 2015 but never released it.
Autel (formerly Maxaero) really missed the bus.
It was a P2 competitor and they've patched it up to try to match the P3
IF the Autel works as well as their publicity suggests, it might come close to what we've been getting from the P3 since last April.
It's not going to be better in any way and without Lightbridge, the control and video at distance will be unsatisfactory.
That's the best it can hope for ... and that's only if it lives up to the hype.

Not sure where you are getting this information from. If you look at the top photo there are no holes in the rear of the landing gear.

On the back rear there are 3 sensors. Most likely an enhanced version of the ones on the Phantom 3.

Attachments

• 1456711061116.jpg
    1456711061116.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 430
I'm not really impressed with the leaked photos. Where's the wire mesh openings from DJI's video? I think the new Phantom will incorporate features from their Matrix platform. Including enhanced flight times.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm not really impressed with the leaked photos. Where's the wire mesh openings from DJI's video? I think the new Phantom will incorporate features from their Matrix platform. Including enhanced flight times.

If those are the P3 it's just a prototype. The easy part is making it look good.

Edit: P4, not P3. Sorry.

Last edited:
phantom x has screened mesh on bottom

question for staff member my p3s gets around 1900 feet before signal is lost crowded neighborhood would a p3a get better distance same area since it has Lightbridge

question for staff member my p3s gets around 1900 feet before signal is lost crowded neighborhood would a p3a get better distance same area since it has Lightbridge
..wrong thread....

Reactions: doomclam
If you watch the announcement video it's definitely not for the x5 or anything you speak of. It's definitely a new phantom. It's kinda obvious.
You and me both - it's coming but I don't think that's the announcement by DJI on March 1/16.

I think the announcement will be with regard to the long awaited (for me anyway) DJI/Flir Combo of the new Zenmuse XT thermal camera for the Inspire 1 Pro and the Mattrice 100 platform along with delivery time and pricing for same.

Possible but look a little small diameter wise?

LOL - good nickname for it

If you watch the announcement video it's definitely a new phantom for March 1st.

They launched it more than a year ago at CES 2015 but never released it.
Autel (formerly Maxaero) really missed the bus.
It was a P2 competitor and they've patched it up to try to match the P3
IF the Autel works as well as their publicity suggests, it might come close to what we've been getting from the P3 since last April.
It's not going to be better in any way and without Lightbridge, the control and video at distance will be unsatisfactory.
That's the best it can hope for ... and that's only if it lives up to the hype.

Autel Drones will be released on March 15th.

Pre-orders on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Autel-Robotic...F8&qid=1456721495&sr=8-1&keywords=autel+drone

Anyone else not impressed with thing so far? If I'm honest, the new features are pretty ho-hum. It's uglier than a mud fence too

Yea its meh so far unless it can stay in the air for up to 30 minutes and cruise at 45-50 mph instead of 35mph then it would be worth of the upgrade. I don't need the crash collision avoidance thing I can already fly (dumb feature). For $1700 I think they can keep it will wait for the Inspire 2 or Phantom 5 lol.

Anyone else not impressed with thing so far? If I'm honest, the new features are pretty ho-hum. It's uglier than a mud fence too

I'm not either. After seeing the typhoon H and all it offers even a new camera and obstacle avoidance doesn't beat out the typhoon H. I guess I want different things then other people. For me I want the controller to have the dedicated monitor making it more reliable. Only building for one device just seems smarter. I also like the 360 camera on the typhoon H. The P4 pics show its obvious it won't be 360. I think they went with this new gimbal to get a grip on the slant issue they had with the P3. I couldn't care less about obstacle avoidance. Learn to fly and there is no need. It would only be good for follow me features and even with that dji has had an altitude limit for the follow me feature so what's the point. It's still to new of tech to be reliable. Those are my thoughts. But we will see March 1st. There could be so much we all don't know yet. I remember when the P3 came out I was like wow. Wasn't expecting all that. So who knows. They better deliver.

The mesh is on the sides at the bottom. My guess these pictures are old. Probably made changes since then.

Camera looks better, capable of 360 Panning just like Inspire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj