Phantom 4 & Kindle Fire

Reaction score
I use My Kindle Fire for controlling the my PH4. It works great up to a point. It does not show any map display. I have downloaded Google Maps. If I use my phone there is not a problem except it is a lot smaller and I prefer the Kindle. Do I have to somehow link the DJI GO app with the Google Maps or is this just something inherent in using the Kindle?

Not sure if this is the problem, but the Kindle Fire devices are some of the very few Android tablets that don't have GPS hardware so even if you get the maps installed you will not get full use of them when out of wifi range. Also you may need to install the Google Frame work services and Google Login services to get the maps working.

Not sure if this is the problem, but the Kindle Fire devices are some of the very few Android tablets that don't have GPS hardware so even if you get the maps installed you will not get full use of them when out of wifi range. Also you may need to install the Google Frame work services and Google Login services to get the maps working.

Thanks for the info Mark. I'll see what I can do but it's not real important, I don't usually use the map option anyway. It's just a case if I could fix it without reinventing the wheel I'd give it a shot. If I use my phone I do have the map display so if I need it I do have access to it.

Mudge,
I'm trying to get my Kindle fire to run the DJI go 4 app. I haven't been able to download the app to my laptop to side load it onto my Kindle. Where or how did you get the app installed?
Thanks
Soji

Mudge,
I'm trying to get my Kindle fire to run the DJI go 4 app. I haven't been able to download the app to my laptop to side load it onto my Kindle. Where or how did you get the app installed?
Thanks
Soji

As I recall I Googled the DJI app for Kindle and downloaded it directly to the KIndle. It never worked right and I got rid of it. From what I understand Kindle does not have the GPS function and I couldn't get the maps. I use the Samsung Tab 4 or my Galaxy Note 5 cell phone and they work perfectly. Maybe somebody else could help you with it but from what I saw I wouldn't waste my time. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost