Phantom 4 Invalid SD Card Error

Reaction score
Just got my new Phantom 4 today and I am getting an invalid sd card error. Which is weird because I am using the sd card that came with the p4. I tried rebooting and restarting the app, removing and reinserting the sd card while the unit was off, formatting the sd card in the DJI GO app, updating my firmware, formatting the sd card with my PC and nothing seems to be working.

Anyone else running into this issue? or have a fix?

I bought it at an apple store and could return it but that is really not convenient since the apple store is over 100 miles each way :( Then I would be scared that the replacement one would have the same issue. o_O

Looks like you may have to travel 100 miles

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am going to get a new SanDisk Extreme Pro card in the morning. Fingers crossed it will work. I really don't want to drive another 200 miles round trip to return my P4.

I am going to get a new SanDisk Extreme Pro card in the morning. Fingers crossed it will work. I really don't want to drive another 200 miles round trip to return my P4.

Yep good idea the premium cards work well, at least that will rule out an internal error. Finger crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well I tried a brand new premium card and I am still getting the same error. On the DJI forum the DJI reps are stumped and phone technical support thinks it is a software issue. Super discouraged with this experience and can't believe that DJI who has known about this issue since launching the P4 in apple stores mid March hasn't figured out a solution yet. Expecting people to send their brand new $1400 P4 in for repair right out of the box because they don't have fix is just ridiculous. I have a 15+ year background in RC. Not only as a hobbyist but working as a sales and customer service manager and things like this just shouldn't be happening from a company as large as DJI.

Take it back tot he Apple store. Only heard of 1 other case like this, not so sure it's a software issue. If it does not work with the supplied card, it's their problem. IMHO

Reactions: heathery94
Take it back tot he Apple store. Only heard of 1 other case like this, not so sure it's a software issue. If it does not work with the supplied card, it's their problem. IMHO
Doesn't sound like a software issue to me either. I think I am going to make the journey back to the apple store tomorrow. :(

Then I am going to test it in the parking lot before I head all the way back home. Fingers crossed I will get a bug free bird.

Answer try another SD card they are cheap and far better than driving 100 miles bought my P4 from Best Buy 9 miles and 12 months interest free money and better warranty. Good luck.

Answer try another SD card they are cheap and far better than driving 100 miles bought my P4 from Best Buy 9 miles and 12 months interest free money and better warranty. Good luck.
bhorn1 I have tried 3 different SD cards. The one that came in the P4, One I use for my GoPro that I know works great and I bought a brand new one today. No matter the card they all have the same issue.

What is the warranty like with Best Buy?

I made the long trip back to the apple store today. Great customer service on their part and the exchange was super easy. To be sure I didn't have another defective P4 I opened it in a near by parking lot and checked to see if the sd card was recognized. I also tested my 32GB card and the drone recognized both of them. Fingered crossed the P4 will keep working great and make me a happy DJI pilot for years to come.

Seems like an SD card reader failure. Haven't heard of many other people with this issue. I would definitely take it back to the Apple store instead of waiting for the mail transit times to DJI.

Sorry for your bad experience but do not be discouraged, no electronics are perfect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.