Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. never88winter

Is it true, that when installed in the P4,

that you shouldnt run it out there, less the 30% battery level?

Thats bad for battery?

What happens if i go less then 30%?

I been running to the battery till it says, low battery and lands it self, usually about 10%

I need advice

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. never88winter

Updated
    On the djiGo App,

I put the warning alarm

1st warning at 50%
    2st Warning at 30%

#2 never88winter, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  3. Sim597

I been a battery conditioner from the first days, and LiPo isn't nickel metal hydride or worse nickel cadmium, i still think batteries work best when used all the way down. I burn mine to 8%, I've even gotten it down to 2% (not on purpose) and I get same flight times as everyone else. Personally I think this is Hype. Maybe I can be proved wrong, nothing anywhere does DJI tell me to stop using my battery at 30% or even 20%

4. chris digata

What is ment by 30% rule is:
    fly on a fully charged battery and not one that has been sat in your case for hours + that is 30% as it can be a false reading but also drain fast and hard until the battery warms up.
    I never fly with a batter that has been stood days and 50% or less.. charge it.
    If flown fully charged and then landed at 50% but then 15mins later flown again from 50% down to 30% is fine.. but thats the point in where I would not go lower than 30%.
    If you want a long flight the yes it is fine to fly a battery down to 10% from fully charged in one flight..
    These are just guides that work and not rules.. treat your batteries well and they will treat you well.

5. Archer911

I bought an extra PB battery (insane price) and every time I use it I get the battery error message and sometimes that it is not a DJI battery. Then the message clears.

6. Mark_T

Everything you see written about the '30% rule' assumes you are able to determine when you have consumed 70% of the battery capacity and only really applies to 'normal' lipo packs, not the smart batteries we are using.

30% on a P4 pack does not mean only 30% left.

Pay attention to the voltage readings and be comfortable going well below an indicated 30%, just aim to keep the voltage under load above say 3.4V and all will be just fine...