Phantom 4 Help . . .aircraft drifts in hover

i have problem in obstacle avoidance. its moving in air... downward sensor not working well. i calibrate several time in dji assistant 2... how to solve this problem. tell me. [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G610F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi sharath, you have to be more specific on what the conditions are. There are many settings and variables and conditions that affect how your VPS and your OA works. Please download and read the manual at least twice as this will enlighten you.

Last edited:
It sounds to me like the OP means it's "Drifting" while hovering ? ? ?

It's not moving air, it's moving IN the air (that's my interpretation). :)

Sam, if you are in atti your bird will flow with the wind, you need to be in P or S (GPS lock) mode, if you are close to the ground the surface has to have a pettern (a smooth uniform mono color does not work) so the VPS can lock on, also if it's too bright or dark it will not work.

Make sure your compass is calibrated as well. Per the P4 manual, severe drifting while in flight could be a sign that your in need of a recalibration.

Per the manual:

When to Recalibrate

1.When compass data is abnormal and the Aircraft Status Indicator is blinking green and yellow.
2.When flying in a new location or in a location that is different from the most recent flight.
3.When the mechanical or physical structure of the Phantom 4 has been changed.
4.When severe drifting occurs in flight, i.e. Phantom4 does not fly in straight line.

*Keep in mind, there is some debate in regards to number 2.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj