Phantom 4 has dual IMU's and dual Compasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how this will work???
If you wear 2 watches on 1 hand and set them the same time and then goto another country, both your watches are still going to be wrong. In other words, how do we calibrate them if both get calibrated incorrectly??
Unless they are 2 different variants - eg an analogue and digital as 1 so erroneous ambiguous data can be eliminated.

I'm going to guess that if the calibration is correct, then readings on the two redundant devices will be very close. But if the calibration is incorrect, the readings will more likely be further apart indicating a problem.

I wonder how this will work???
If you wear 2 watches on 1 hand and set them the same time and then goto another country, both your watches are still going to be wrong. In other words, how do we calibrate them if both get calibrated incorrectly??
Unless they are 2 different variants - eg an analogue and digital as 1 so erroneous ambiguous data can be eliminated.

You figure it's for redundancy right?? Jet airplanes have two of everything when it comes to the important electronics but you're right. It's interesting how such a system will work on a little quadcopter like this. For instance, when you calibrate, will both systems be calibrated at the same time or will they be independent of each other?

You figure it's for redundancy right?? Jet airplanes have two of everything when it comes to the important electronics but you're right.

They have 3. Much easier to determine who is wrong with 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4