phantom 4 gimbal not received by main controller

Reaction score
I Dropped my phantom 4 the other day and now I am getting an a error stating gimbal not received by main controller and it also says the aircraft is disconnected. The weird part is I am able to to see everything through the app, it lets me control the camera from the controller, I can also calibrate the the gimbal and its fine. I am not able to recalibrate the IMU. Also I am not able to see the battery life and not GPS is coming up. I'm so lost I don't want to order parts if that is not the problem. Please help me see what is wrong.

Last edited:
What happens if the Antennas on the landing gear are bad or the compass? I really don't think it has anything to do with the gimbal itself.

I Dropped my phantom 4 the other day and now I am getting an a error stating gimbal not received by main controller and it also says the aircraft is disconnected. The weird part is I am able to to see everything through the app, it lets me control the camera from the controller, I can also calibrate the the gimbal and its fine. I am not able to recalibrate the IMU. Also I am not able to see the battery life and not GPS is coming up. I'm so lost I don't want to order parts if that is not the problem. Please help me see what is wrong.
I had the exact same problem after my P4 Lost connection midflight, rth did not work and subsequently had to use find my drone GPS locator on the app to find it. It obviously crashed having damage to the shell and other cosmetic blemishes. The worst part is exactly what you described and I am unable to fly it. I still have great image transmission in control of the camera Using the app and controller But have the exact same issue with no GPS, no battery information, and unable to recalibrate the IMU.
DJi has now had my drone for over three months, told me that I broke the shell with Tools attempting to open it voiding the warranty, I disputed it and was offered a 25% discount on the repairs. I was then told I should have not flown the aircraft since it was unable to downgrade the firmware. The firmware was up today and DJI guided me on the downgrade process as a solution to fix the connection errors. When that failed three months ago they recommended I send it to them to fix. after three months, multiple hours on the phone, sending and resending all of the flight data, video caches, and other information they requested, i’m still without my drone, without any answers and why did originally disconnected and crashed.
by far the worst customer service I’ve ever dealt with. I have no idea what to do next.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj