Phantom 4 Gimbal goes beserk.

Reaction score
Please help my brand new phantom 4 gimbal goes up and down non stop when the drone is powered on. Sometimes it dosent do this and works fine.

Could it be a loose ribbon cable?

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Check out the video on the link below.. Is that what yours does? Mine always straightens out after 5 seconds in the air.

Limp Gimbal on startup

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well if it's new! Just take it back and get replaced,
Even If there's a way to solve it
It's better to replace it
Though, when powering the phantom it goes up and down then it settles, if it's not, you have an issue and take it back

I was looking for a solution to hopefully not send it back. Last time I waited 2 weeks for a replacement. I dont really want to be stuffed around again by DJI

Normal for gimbal to twitch about on start up, then stabilize. It's initializing, stabilizing. The gimbal has its own internal IMU, separate from the dual IMU within the P4.

Mine stays limp on startup.. Sits there until I take off.. Then goes hard up and hard down before stabilizing.

Normal for gimbal to twitch about on start up, then stabilize. It's initializing, stabilizing. The gimbal has its own internal IMU, separate from the dual IMU within the P4.
Yes I know its normal but what isnt normal is it keeps going up and down!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is another persons video that has the same issue as me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers