Phantom 4 gimbal doesn't power on

Reaction score
Hello pilots i had a recent problem with my p4 where it fell of a tree and crashed gimbal wasn't much damaged except bent a little and the roll motor plastic connector which controls the camera roll burned and I saw a whole I checked the electronic circuit it looked ok but when I plug in everything except the roll motor the gimbal boots up but then goes dead and the 2 motors that are left plugged in don't work , any advice or help would be appreciated on this issue

Bad news man, I had a short in my ribbon wire and it messed up all kinds of stuff. Your best bet is to sell your gimbal assembly on eBay. People buy them to rebuild. I sold my fried gimbal for $160. You can get a used one for about $300. Trust me you do not want to try and fix it when it has an electrical problem. You can't get the parts anyway. Trust me on this.

Bad news man, I had a short in my ribbon wire and it messed up all kinds of stuff. Your best bet is to sell your gimbal assembly on eBay. People buy them to rebuild. I sold my fried gimbal for $160. You can get a used one for about $300. Trust me you do not want to try and fix it when it has an electrical problem. You can't get the parts anyway. Trust me on this.
Ok

But is there anyway of not replacing the camera its lfmor ordering just the gimbal assembly without the camera

You can but when your dealing with an electrical problem you can't say for sure where the damage has spread to. Ive been thought this man and it just cost me more money trying to fix it. I went through 3 ribbon wires, 2 pitch boards, one yaw arm, and 5 disassemblys. After all that it still didn't work. The gimbal assembly is really easy to swap out. 8 screws hold it on and 2 more screws that hold the wiring bracket on and then you just disconnect the 2 connections. Installing the new gimbal assembly is the same process in reverse. When mine shorted out it fried the pitch board but it also fried the board inside the body of the gimbal assembly that controls the gimbal and the video feed. There was more damage than just what was obviously fried. All these systems are tied together so the damage can anywhere in the system. Changing the gimbal assembly is gonna offer the least frustration. I wouldn't tell you this if I haven't just been through it.

You can but when your dealing with an electrical problem you can't say for sure where the damage has spread to. Ive been thought this man and it just cost me more money trying to fix it. I went through 3 ribbon wires, 2 pitch boards, one yaw arm, and 5 disassemblys. After all that it still didn't work. The gimbal assembly is really easy to swap out. 8 screws hold it on and 2 more screws that hold the wiring bracket on and then you just disconnect the 2 connections. Installing the new gimbal assembly is the same process in reverse. When mine shorted out it fried the pitch board but it also fried the board inside the body of the gimbal assembly that controls the gimbal and the video feed. There was more damage than just what was obviously fried. All these systems are tied together so the damage can anywhere in the system. Changing the gimbal assembly is gonna offer the least frustration. I wouldn't tell you this if I haven't just been through it.

Interesting yea for me however it's a bit different story my gimbal has live feed and it does power on but I could find the pitch board anywhere could I try ordering it and maby it will work because I could find that part anywhere , do you remember where you ordered that part from ? If that doesn't work I'll replace the whole gimbal

I also just got insurance through state farm. $60 for a year and its far better than anything dji offers. No deductible or deprecation. No matter what happens to it I'm getting a check for $1500. Even if I don't have it to give them. Stolen, lost, under water, or whatever. For $60 its covered. You may wanna look into it after you get it fixed.

I also just got insurance through state farm. $60 for a year and its far better than anything dji offers. No deductible or deprecation. No matter what happens to it I'm getting a check for $1500. Even if I don't have it to give them. Stolen, lost, under water, or whatever. For $60 its covered. You may wanna look into it after you get it fixed.
I was thinking about it before I crashed it but then it's just happened so I have to do it after

Yeah the pitch board is available through cloud city drones in Rhode island. You can tell if its damaged though. Its on the back camera cover. If its burned you'll see a grey foam piece that's melted.

Yeah the pitch board is available through cloud city drones in Rhode island. You can tell if its damaged though. Its on the back camera cover. If its burned you'll see a grey foam piece that's melted.
Yea do I looked it up and I couldn't find it what is the exact name?

Christopher Williams
Cloud City Drones
1 Thurber St, ste 699
Warrick, RI 02886
I paid $29 plus shipping.

Christopher Williams
Cloud City Drones
1 Thurber St, ste 699
Warrick, RI 02886
I paid $29 plus shipping.
Oh and also what kind of insurance do you have is it the rentals one and I'm going to have to call them right?

I have state farm, $60 for a year, covers anything that happens. I found there number. I actually dealt with Erin Yoder @ cloud city drones. His number is 401-681-4112.

I have state farm, $60 for a year, covers anything that happens. I found there number. I actually dealt with Erin Yoder @ cloud city drones. His number is 401-681-4112.
Thank you I'll make sure that next time I'll insure my drone and yes I followed your advice and listed my gimbal on eBay

Thank you I'll make sure that next time I'll insure my drone and yes I followed your advice and listed my gimbal on eBay
I promise you it really is a crap shoot when something burns on these things. What should have been a simple yaw arm and ribbon wire replacement turned into an absolute nightmare. Yeah a new gimbal assembly is $300-$350 for a p4 but depending on what condition your damaged gimbal is in you can get $100-$200 for it and that takes the pain out of that $350. It just makes since to get a working gimbal. You gotta take it off either way so why not just swap it with one you know that works?

Reactions: Droneted
Duchunter you are absolutely correct. These P4 cameras are a crap shoot when it comes to fixing them. I have worked on about 100 of them. I can always make them work but they offend don't point straight ahead. Sometimes they cost more to fix than they are worth. You gave great advise. Sell the old one on Ebay and buy a good used one from someone on here.

Reactions: chupel19

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen