Phantom 4 flying in restricted area question

Reaction score
I live about 12 miles outside DC. I owned a Phantom 3 last summer, but sold it because I couldn't fly it on my property. I have been seeing these articles about Phantom 4's being able to fly in no fly zones after being prompted to acknowledge your in a restricted area. Has DJI implemented this yet ? Does anyone live in the DC area that can confirm it works ? I will go buy one right now if I can finally fly on my property !

It was spoken of but I've not seen it implemented.

Also, keep in mind that this system is not designed so people can purposely circumvent the standing NFZ. It's set up so that people who legally can fly in NFZ can do so. I suspect by being warned and then illegally flying anyway would result in a stiff fine if caught.

If your in a restricted area the p4 will start to auto land when it realizes where it is. Just land it and take off again. I haven't had any issues getting it to work. I fly in a river a few feet off the water that's right next to a small airport. I've always got the warning but can still fly if I land and restart the motors

I own 20 acres I just want to be able to fly around my property. I am not worried about legal issues there is no one here to report it. Just sucks that I can't fly it in my yard. I got tired of driving 30 mins just to fly my P3. Disappointed that Government over reach is so ridiculous where I live.

I own 20 acres I just want to be able to fly around my property. I am not worried about legal issues there is no one here to report it. Just sucks that I can't fly it in my yard. I got tired of driving 30 mins just to fly my P3. Disappointed that Government over reach is so ridiculous where I live.

Glad to see there are others not quivering in there houses afraid to go outside. It's becoming an epidemic

Afraid to go outside? Not at all. Afraid of being on the hook for a large fine and possible jail time. Yep, you are correct, I have to much to lose for very little in return.

Lucky for me, this is not an issue for I have many places I can fly.

Wow, that is BS, but so is the fact that when you buy a house, your not buying the mineral rights under your property. Your also not buying the airspace above it.
My thing is although I think if you have 20 acres, and if in restricting airspace, you should be able to fly at 400' in your yard. Higher then that, if close to a medium, even small airport may be deadly, and could understand harsh penalty for that, otherwise maybe you could ask DJI lol, if they would open up the 20 acres?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If your in a restricted area the p4 will start to auto land when it realizes where it is. Just land it and take off again. I haven't had any issues getting it to work. I fly in a river a few feet off the water that's right next to a small airport. I've always got the warning but can still fly if I land and restart the motors
But, if your in the zone proper, doesn't it stop the motors from spinning up? I'm not talking fringe, but if the guy is smack in middle, he may not even be able to get it turning

But, if your in the zone proper, doesn't it stop the motors from spinning up? I'm not talking fringe, but if the guy is smack in middle, he may not even be able to get it turning

I sold my P3 last fall, but when I had it you could not even power up the motors in the restricted area around DC. Frankly I get the no drones near the White House, but **** I am 12 miles from the DC border.

Wow. I had no idea the drone would auto land if in that airspace.

Waiting for first person to go fly out over Area 51. Haha. That's the most restricted place I've been in my life. Barely drive to the gate and your met with guards in full black, face masks and rifles. ***! I can't imagine their response if a drone flew over their heads towards the buildings.

I live about 12 miles outside DC. I owned a Phantom 3 last summer, but sold it because I couldn't fly it on my property. I have been seeing these articles about Phantom 4's being able to fly in no fly zones after being prompted to acknowledge your in a restricted area. Has DJI implemented this yet ? Does anyone live in the DC area that can confirm it works ? I will go buy one right now if I can finally fly on my property !
I have noticed that sometimes I get restricted zone warning and sometimes not, I'm not near a city' airport etc and I just confirm (check boxes) and it lets me continue. If that makes sense ?

It makes sense, it just gives you a warning message, meaning that your drone will have to start flying lower and lower into the "cone zone". If it reaches the critical limit, will land or refuse to go further in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers