Phantom 4, first flight, pics, first video

Reaction score
Had some fun today with my first flight, went out to high school football field, did the compass calibration etc. , did all the pre-flight stuff. Got the nerves going, took off, flew both batteries down to 34-40%, had a good time.

My daughter was my muse, had her run while I kept after her a bit. Here is a small edit she did for her own FB.

DSC_8270.JPG
DSC_8268.JPG

couple of questions, where do I look at the flight log file? What software?

Is there a minimum distance to be away from bird when doing the compass calibration? I think I was too close when I first did it.

The distance from controller isn't an issue, but there is no need to hold the RC.
Here's what I find easy.

1. Turn on the drone, set it down 10' from my lawn chair (which I take when I fly).
2. Go back to the chair, pickup the RC and initiate GPS calibration. Set RC in the chair.
3. Walk over to the drone sitting on the ground, pick it up, hold the back two legs at shoulder level, arms extended out, drone level pointed away from me, then spin around slow until the amber LED lights on the drone turn green.
4. Then hold the bottom of the landing gear, front of drone pointed at the ground, then spin around until the solid green lights start to blink with green.

Calibrate once. If it flies well with no compass warnings, then don't calibrate again until you fly more than 50mi away from the last calibration.

Reactions: hotashes
Another question from yesterday, somewhere I read a recommendation to put phone on airplane mode and shut down auto updates etc. I did that and while flying yesterday I did not have an active map on the screen , was that because I put on airplane mode or did something else?

I'm using my iPhone 6 (small but what I have right now) on a P4.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl