Phantom 4 firmware

Reaction score
On DJI website there is no Firmware update available for the Phantom 4.
Can anyone assist with the whereabouts of the firmware please.
John from OZ

John from OZ
Doesnt it show on your DJI Go app if you need it ,
Thanks for your reply! No nothing there! I notice the firmware is in place for the Inspire and P3 pro but nothing for the p4 either old firmware or new on the dji website but the cupboard is bare for the p4 and when I strike up to fly it tells me that an update is available.

John from OZ

Try downloading and installing the DJI Assistant 2 app onto your desktop computer. That's what I use to get the firmware and it does a couple of other things as well.

= Kev =

from Oz (Newcastle)

DJI GO should prompt you to install the firmware if there is a newer version available. Then, just follow these instructions to install it. You can check in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of the DJI GO app to see if you're running the latest version.

it seems to me the firmware updates are a bit region specific, sometimes I read about an update here in the forums and my go app only prompts me 2 days later...

it seems to me the firmware updates are a bit region specific, sometimes I read about an update here in the forums and my go app only prompts me 2 days later...
Is it possible that your mobile device was offline and does not know about the update? Also, you sometimes need to sit at the DJI GO home screen for a bit to allow the update available message to appear.

Last edited:
Good-Morning from downunder, thank you all for your response, all I have to do is wade through the information presented and see if I can get this thing updated.
I did try msinger Phantom help, when I started up and the orange bar came up to tell me I had a later version of firmware to download, instead of going to the download a message appeared stating to use the usb which I tried with dji assist 2 no joy there either, going even further diagram of how to hook up computer with the aircraft saying it was not connected even though it was. I suppose this is clear as mud, a trait of old age!

Try downloading and installing the DJI Assistant 2 app onto your desktop computer. That's what I use to get the firmware and it does a couple of other things as well.

= Kev =

from Oz (Newcastle)
Thanks very much Kev that did the trick, now I know what method I will be using in the future.
What is this calibration in front of the screen?
Have you used that?

John

Thanks very much Kev that did the trick, now I know what method I will be using in the future.
What is this calibration in front of the screen?
Have you used that?

John

I haven't used it for a while but I think it is for the IMUs or the other compass or both. Sorry to be so vague about it. Why not load it see what happens? You can always back out. I haven't got my P4 connected at the moment to check it and it's blowing hard here and rainy. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31