Phantom 4 Firmware updated now it won't connect??

Reaction score
I just upgraded the firmware on my new Phantom 4. I can't get it to connect to the RC. I can move the camera but it still says "Connect your DJI device"? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim

PS Anyone in Minnesota that can walk me through my first flight?

I just upgraded the firmware on my new Phantom 4. I can't get it to connect to the RC. I can move the camera but it still says "Connect your DJI device"? Any suggestions? Do I have to update the RC also?

Thanks,

Jim

PS Anyone in Minnesota that can walk me through my first flight?

Double-check that you upgraded it properly. You can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Reactions: REALTOR JIM
Always update the craft first. If you update the RC first you'll need to rev back so you can update the craft first. Once that's done, then update the RC.

Optionally you can use DJIs digital assistant 2 on a PC to update the craft. That app is available from the DJI website, free download.

Reactions: REALTOR JIM
I used the DJI digital assistant and it upgraded fine. When I went to fly it said I needed to update RC. Updated and it worked perfect. It was my first flight and I was amazed at how easy it was to fly. Very impressed.

In the dji go app you can reconnect the remote..just like if you bought a new rc and had to sink them together

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

i updated my RC first. Have not done the P4 yet. Do I need to downgrade the RC first then the P4 upgrade? If so how do I downgrade the RC to the previous version?

i updated my RC first. Have not done the P4 yet. Do I need to downgrade the RC first then the P4 upgrade? If so how do I downgrade the RC to the previous version?
Downgrade the remote controller firmware like this and follow these instructions to upgrade the firmware.

Did you follow my steps above?

Do I have to send this back?...
What is the correct sequence to fire everything up. The bird first and then the remote.. doe the bird have to be on to downgrade the firmware.??

This talks about a I pad being used. I have a samsung Tab A.
should be nothing to delete in the cache as I have not even flown it yet. I went ahead and deinstalled the app on my tablet and reinstalled it. Will try again after I get home this afternoon.
1. Does the bird need to be on to see the firmware on the RC ????
Im completely new to phantoms so please bare with me.
2. If the firmware is completely gone how do I get it back?

Yes but without the bird on it said no firmware was available to downgrade and it had no version listed
Uninstall DJI GO, reinstall it, and then check if a downgrade is available.

What did you end up doing to fix it?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj